Chapter 20

The next day, I've helped out in the barns and now I'm waiting for Lucas to get here with lunch so we can spend the day together since it's the last time we'll get to spend with each other until Saturday since I leave for Saratoga on Tuesday morni...

The next day, I've helped out in the barns and now I'm waiting for Lucas to get here with lunch so we can spend the day together since it's the last time we'll get to spend with each other until Saturday since I leave for Saratoga on Tuesday morning with my mom and he has his last week of football camp starting tomorrow.

I enter the bonus room where we'll be camping out with a couple blankets and my duvet and a couple pillows off my bed to watch movies and maybe even play video games. Doing one final sweep around the room finding it nice and cozy, I pull the curtains closed to block out the sunlight since it gets a lot of light during the afternoon, perfect for movie watching.

"Hello?" Lucas shouts a few minutes later after I've used the bathroom.

"Upstairs babe!" I call in reply before I make my way to the landing to meet him. I'm wearing my mint and white tie-dye long sleeve top that has a round neckline and white piped trim I paired with the matching shorts with a button closure on the waistband. I have pulled my hair up into a messy bun and left my face free of makeup and the only jewelry I have on are my necklace and ring. "Hi," I beam at him once my eyes land on him as he climbs the stairs, our lunch in his hands.

"Hey," he smiles back. He's dressed in his white short sleeve t-shirt that has a round neckline he has paired with his light gray jogger pajama bottoms with an elastic waistband and ribbed ankle cuffs, his feet clad in white socks since he's already taken off his shoes. His hands holding a bag of food and drinks from Hardee's, a fast food joint in town.

"You actually wore pajamas," I giggle.

"You said you wanted to be comfy and that meant being in pajamas," he huffs.

"I kinda remember you giving me a hard time when I suggested it."

"Yeah well, you know I can't say no to you," he smirks when he reaches the top of the stairs, still towering over me since we're both barefoot.

"Oh because us being comfy while just lounging around is such a bad idea," I sass.

"I didn't say that," he sighs jokingly before he leans down and kisses me.

"Yeah okay," I mumble, returning the kiss. "Now, let's go eat, I'm hungry."

"Lead the way," he says to me while I take my Dr. Pepper out of his left hand. "Whoa, did you have something else in mind for today?" he asks after we walk into the dark bonus room, finding the set up I made for us.

"Don't get your hopes up," I warn, plopping down on the couch.

"Always gotta kill the mood," he jokes as he sits next to me.

"Hey, be nice!" I scold him while he digs our food from Hardee's out and sets it on the coffee table, my western bacon cheeseburger with some curly fries and his monster angus thickburger with onion rings.

"You know I'm only teasing," he responds, giving me another kiss.

"Hm, nice save," I smile when I pull away probably too soon for his liking. "But I still want my food," I giggle as I grab my burger and fries.