Void

Viviane's pov
12 years later

"Val!" My mom calls from downstairs. Val sighs and walks out of the door. Amelia is on her phone, talking to her boyfriend.

"Lia." I say and she looks over at me. "Yeah?" "Do you wanna go shopping?" She smiles. "Sure, Viv, give me just a second. Go tell my mom and aunt Liv, would you?"

"Sure."

When I walk down and into the living room I see my mom, my dad, my aunt Emily, my aunt Serene, my uncle Ian, my sister Valery, my brother Vincent, my other brother Victor, my youngest sibling Vera, and my cousins. Xander, Fiona, and Chloe.

My cousins Xander and Fiona are the children of my uncle Ian and aunt Serene. She was one of my moms bridesmaids.

Xander is 12 and Fiona is 10.

Chloe is the daughter of my aunt Emily and she's 11.

My cousin Amelia is 17.

I'm 17 and my little sister Valery is 14.

My little brother Vincent is 11, my other brother Victor is 8, and then my youngest sibling Vera is 7.

Now let me describe my cousins a bit.

Amelia, Xander, Fiona, and Chloe have the families green eyes. It's our biggest thing.

I was adopted so my eyes are brown but my mom just says it means I'm extraordinarily. I was lucky to get adopted by my parents.

Oh and my aunt Serene is married to my uncle Ian. She has auburn hair and green eyes.

Back to my cousins. Amelia has long golden blonde hair, Xander has short black hair, Fiona has auburn hair and Chloe has blonde hair.

My little sister Valery has long dirty blonde hair, my little brother Vincent has short black hair, my other little brother Victor has short black hair, and finally the youngest, Vera. She has blonde hair like our mother. She's honestly out moms mini me.

My two brothers mirror my father, Valery is a mix between my parents, but Vera mirrors mt mother perfectly.

Then there's me. With my brown hair and brown eyes and brown skin while they all have fair skin.

They never treat me differently and I love my family but sometimes it hurts.

My mom always reminds me that family isn't blood. Love is. And she loves me unconditionally. She's says I'm her daughter and it doesn't matter if she gave birth to me or not.

"Hey mom. Me and Lia are going shopping, is that okay?" My mother gives me one of her huge beautiful smiles. "Of course it is, sweetie. Have fun."

Then I turn to my aunt Emily. "Is that okay, aunt Em?" She mirrors my moms expression. "Yes, but bring me some chips." I snort but nod.

"Oh, hey, if she gets chips then I want chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream." We all look at aunt Serene oddly. "What?" She asks.

"Does it have to be that specific?" I am her. "Hey, I'm the one who's a hundred months pregnant. I have cravings."

We all laugh. "Aunt Serene, I'm pretty sure ten months pregnant and a hundred months pregnant is a big difference."

She waves her hand dismissively in the air. "Tomato tomato." I roll my eyes while laughing. "Yes, we'll get you your ice cream."

Amelia comes down the steps and I say "alright, bye guys." While I'm walking to Amelia I hear my dad say "make sure you're home by five, okay?" "Alright dad." "Hey." He says and I turn to look at him.

"I'm not kidding. Be home at five sharp, okay? Otherwise I'm sending all of our men after you two and I won't be happy if they find out you two are just at the mall."

Ugh. "Dad, it'll be fine. We'll be home by five."

My dads always been super strict about us leaving the house. He's not really overbearing but he's just a little worried.

Our families enemy, Harry, is still out there. He's just worried about us. About all of us. He just wants to make sure we're all safe.

We're laughing at the mall but it's almost five so we decide we should probably head back home. We spent the day shopping and trying all the different froyo flavors and, of course, my aunts chips and ice cream.

When we're walking to the car it's getting really late and it's going to be past five by the time we get home. So we make the stupid decision to save time by going through an alleyway to cut our time in half.

"Lia, I don't like this. Something feels weird." "It's fine, Viv" her voice sounds shaky. "Then why do you sound so worried?" "Because someone is following us. I can feel it, Viviane."

That makes me stop short. "Amelia, you're scaring me." That's when we hear the footsteps. We both look into each other's wide eyes when Lia yells "run!"

We bolt but someone's arm comes out and knocks us in the chest, knocking the air from our lungs.

While we're on the floor something sharp gets stuck in my neck, hers too, and then everything is spinning and going black.

I only hear these words before I pass out. "Tell him we have two of them. Oh and make sure to let Harry know that one of them is his daughter."

And then it's just a dark silent void.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! A few things. First, I know that the age of Viviane doesn't make sense because Amelia is supposed to be two years older than her but I thought it just made more sense for her to be 17.

Sorry!

Two, I know that this isn't a great story and I'm sorry but I really really appreciate you guys reading it!

And C, I already had this book made before I posted it I just needed to update a few things but with the second book I only have like four chapters done 😂 if you have any suggestions you'd like to see in the second book just let me know!

Thank you again for reading!!!