Remember

Why didn't my alarm go off?

Gavin is gonna kill me if his breakfast isn't ready.

I jump up but stop when I see the three men asleep in chairs.

They kidnapped me. Again.

Why am I in a room this time? Why are they in here?

Once I reach the door I try to turn it but Calvin makes me stop. "What are you doing?" He asks me.

"I need to get back my husband." The other two wake up and now I'm scared.

I just want to be with my husband.

They start walking towards me but I put my hand out. "Please. I just want to go back to my home and my husband."

"No, Livia, you don't. Just wait until we figure out how to stop whatever it is he did to you. You'll be happy and you'll remember everything."

"Nothing you're saying makes any sense!" I yell.

"Please just let me go home." I try.

"I'm sorry." One of the guys with black hair, I think his name is Ian, he seems to notice something and it's like a lightbulb goes off.

He reaches his hands for my neck and I throw myself against the door. "Please don't hurt me! Please, not again! My husband told me about you three! Please!" I'm sobbing, terrified.

"Okay. Okay. We won't, okay? I promise you, Livia. None of us will, okay?"

"My husband says you're all liars."

"I understand. But you just have to use your better judgement."

"It's not that simple."

I remember that I was told to dance and now that I'm not dancing I get another terrible headache. While I'm distracted someone's hands are around my neck but they're not trying to hurt me. They're taking off the pink silk.

"No! It can't come off!" Right as I say that, Ian rips it off.

Now they see al the bruises from my meds. That's not good. "Oh my gosh." My brother says.

"He must be using something to her to erase her memories or create new ones or something like that. Especially to control her."

I'm still upset and in pain but they're talking over me.

Something else in my brain clicks and I grab a candle stick and smash it into one of their heads. I think Ian.

I open the door and run.

I go to the door and try to throw it open but something goes into my neck and I can't move.

I fall back into someone's arms. I think his name is Leon. I'm still aware-and in pain-but I can't move.

I'm paralyzed.

They all have a conversation as I'm laying in the other room but the one who was carrying me earlier picks me up again.

"I'm so sorry, Liv, but we decided that we can't risk you running back to him. You have to stay somewhere that we can leave you alone without worrying. Only until whatever he did to you ware's off, okay?

It won't be long and we'll make it as comfortable as possible. We have someone putting a bed in one of the areas right now."

He takes me down the stairs, my brother and his brother behind us, and I get even more scared when I see a bunch of cells.

They all look scary but when he walks me inside my cell it has a really nice bed and a bunch of food and other stuff.

It doesn't look bad at all and since it's cold and dark down here there's a heater, a bunch of blankets, and a bunch of candles and fairy lights.

It actually looks really nice.

He lays me on the bed and it's surprisingly comfortable.

"I promise this is only for a tiny bit. It'll probably only take a day, okay? It's only for a short time. I'm so sorry."

He looks like he's about to cry. He kisses my hand before walking out.

My brother kisses my forehead. "Go to sleep, Liv. I'll see you when you wake up." He leaves and then Ian grabs my hand.

"I swear it'll only be for a short time. We made it as comfortable as possible. I know you don't remember me right now but I just need to say."

He breaks off and takes a deep breath.

"Livia, I'm sorry for kidnapping you a year ago.

I never should've made you stay here and I definitely should never have made you feel a prisoner.

You're one of my closets friends now, Liv, and I'm so glad I got to know you but I'm so sorry about how it came to be.

Your brother loves you because you're his sister, my brother loves you because you're his soulmate and the love of his life, and I love you because you're my closest friend. Just don't tell Cal I said that." He laughs a little.

"You don't remember any of this right now but you will soon. I swear it. I'll see you tomorrow.

I'm sure this is scary so if you want me to make yo fall asleep blink twice."

I blink twice and he nods.

He takes out a syringe and puts it in my arm gently.

"Sorry, I'm sure that stung. I'm happy to see you again, Liv. And I can't wait until you're awake and, well, you again."

He squeezes my hand before leaving.

The pain on his face is evident as he locks the door behind him.