Once she is done talking with her siblings, the instructor starts demonstrating new ways to stab people. After about 30 minutes he decides to make everyone pair up in groups he has already chosen. He says that he will make sure that it isn't too severely imbalanced, but its the Ares cabin so thats kind of impossible. He pairs everyone up with one person from the opposite cabin, and with Natalie's luck, she's paired up with Clarisse.

Natalie sucks a sword fighting. The only thing she is good at with a sword is throwing it so it can distract her enemies while she runs away. She is like her siblings- good at using a bow and arrow, healing people, and musical stuff like singing and playing the ukulele. So, naturally she gets paired up with the best swordsman in all of CHB.

Once Clarisse finds out about getting paired up with Natalie, her brothers and sisters all snicker and Clarisse has to threaten them with "Hanging them by their thumbs and leaving them out for the harpies" if they didn't shut up.

She just rolls her eyes as she walks over and stands next to Natalie waiting for the "ok" to start sparring. Only then Natalie notices how weird Clarisses siblings are being. First, Daniel didn't care Natalie likes Clarisse, then they laugh at Clarisse for getting paired up with her. On second thought, Natalie figures they are laughing because they know shes gonna get her ass handed to her.

The instructor gives the "ok" and Clarisse immediately turns to Natalie, sword at the ready.

"Okay, please tell me your not still mad about the whole glitter-bomb thing... it wasn't my idea I swear!" Natalie said raising her hands in surrender

"Oh no of course i'm not still mad about that. Why would I be? I mean i'm still pulling pink glitter out of my hair, and my whole cabin looks like the inside of a fucking disco ball, but it's fine!" Clarisse says twirling her sword; sarcasm dripping off her words.

"Oh well thats great then! Glad everything is okay now." Natalie replies with a smile plastered across her face hoping it would cover up how scared she really is

Clarisse looked pissed... But I mean, when is she not?

Clarisse got into her battle stance and Natalie tries to copy her, so that way maybe she could have a slight chance of making it through the lesson. Once Clarisse sees Natalie is ready she swings. Natalie parries and tries to disarm Clarisse... it didn't work. She ended up just pissing her off more, and in return got kicked in the chest which made her fall to the ground and accidentally throw her sword halfway across the arena.

Once she is down, Clarisse jumps on top of her, pinning her arms down to her side, and holding her sword up to Natalie's neck.

"Checkmate, bitch." Was all Clarisse could say before the instructor blew his whistle, saying it was an "illegal move" because that "isn't what the class is working on right now"

"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN 'ILLEGAL MOVE' ITS SWORD-FIGHTING!! YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT SOMEONE COULD PULL OUT OF THEIR SLEEVE DURING BATTLE! THIS IS BULLSHIT" Clarisse screams at the instructor... still straddling Natalie.

"Dont talk back to me young lady! I made my decision and it was an illegal move! Now get up and do what I told you to do before I kick you out!" He yells back

"ILL TALK BACK TO WHOEVER THE FUCK I WANT. YOU CANT KICK ME OUT YOU SPINELESS COWARD! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?! I WILL FUCKING END YOU! THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN 'ILLEGAL MOVE' IN SWORD-FIGHTING. DEAL WITH IT YOU LITTLE BITCH!" Clarisse shouts back... still not moving.