Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷𝟾, 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩?

Episode Six

"Y/n? Are you paying attention?"

Y/n noticed she was outside with Haruto. She guessed her younger self was probably playing basketball with him until the handshake. As Y/n's eyes refocused, she saw Haruto was gazing at her with a worried frown.

"Oh, no, I'm fine, just spaced for a second"

He tossed Y/n the ball. "Good, I thought I would have to find someone else to play with."

"Aww, nice to know you care so much."

Haruto only rolled his eyes. "Shut up. Let's just play the game."

Without warning, a voice chimed, "Any room for one more?" Y/n turned to where the voice came from. Once she saw who it was, she couldn't help but huff in annoyance.

"Baji? Of course, you're here"  He tied his hair back with a scrunchy you once lent him, which he refused to give back, this happened 13 years ago for you, but it's still fresh in your memory.

"Damn, what's that supposed to mean?"

Y/n scoffed, handing the ball to Haruto. "You know exactly what that means. Just because you're friends with my brother doesn't mean I'll have to like you."

He shrugged "doesn't mean I can't try."

What felt like an eternity of silence passed. Until a slight smile tugged on his lips "how about this, if you beat me in this one-on-one, I'll leave you alone forever-"

"Deal!"

He almost looked hurt at how fast Y/n was to agree with that deal. He wasn't sure what he did to piss her off so severely that she held a grudge for 11 years.

Baji played off his hurt feelings by standing low to the ground as you dribbled the ball which you snatched from a now sulking Haruto.

"So, you still trying to get that job?" Baji asked not so subtly

Y/n forced Baji to play offensively as he tried taking the ball from her. "No, I've already gotten it."

Y/n cleanly spun around Baji, trying to throw the ball into the hoop, which he effortlessly blocked by raising his hand. Now he was the one jogging with the ball while he asked questions as if it were nothing.

"You're an intern at the hospital, right?" He asked, tossing the ball over your head and into the hoop scoring three points

Y/n put her hands on her hips, trying to catch her breath "Yeah, why so many questions?"

"Just curious, is all. I also won, sooo."

Haruto on the sidelines huffed, "That was so lame. I'm going inside."

The both of you didn't pay him any mind to continue with your conversation "don't get too happy about it. I'm still not gonna like you."

His smile quickly turned into a frown. "But" y/n trialed as baji slightly perked up,