Chapter 45: A Gruesome Realitys Unrevealing

TW/CW: Mentions of Sexual assault and rape AND attempted suicide

The soft sound of water sloshing filled the silent room, sitting at the table with her hands tucked underneath herself, the young girl stared off into space.

Foaming up a plate with his sponge before rinsing it off, Levi repeated the process with all the dishes, setting them up neatly to dry on a rack to his right. Unplugging the drain, he let the dirty water flow out, quickly washing his own hands.

With a small red rag in his hands, he wiped them dry, turning to look at the quiet girl, her mind in another world. Exhaling slowly, he retrieved a small bag from the table near the door, coming back over to (Y/n). His dark hair swayed lightly as he pushed the bag in front of her, catching her attention as he walked back to the sink, setting the rag on a bar to dry.

The young girl looked at the bag plainly, not wanting to retrieve the item inside, though she reluctantly pulled the box from the inside, holding it in her hands as she read over every detail available.

Pressing his lower back to the counter in front of the sink, he crossed his arms, watching her. He could tell she didn't want to take it, she knew what the most likely outcome was, her expression made that clear.

(Y/n)'s eyes left the box, landing in the counter in front of her as she thought, soon looking up to the man across from her.

"I guess I'll do both of them, just in case ones faulty. I'll let them sit in the bathroom as they process for a few minutes..." She bit the inside of her lip, "be right back..." The girl finished hardly over a whisper as she scooted her chair back.

Watching her enter the bedroom and hearing her shut the door to the bathroom, the man stayed on his position as he thought. Soon pushing off and making his way to the bedroom sitting in a chair where he could easily see the door she had entered.

It felt like a while had passed by until he finally heard the click of the door, looking up he watched as she exited the room, making eye contact with the girl for a few seconds. She then walked over to where he sat, pulling her legs underneath herself on the chair opposite to his. Leaning against the back of her comfortable seat, her hands burrowed between her knees, biting the skin on the inside of her cheek nervously.

Neither of them spoke, a dreadful silence filling the room, though there wasn't much either of them could've said anyways. Seconds ticked by like hours, dragging on painfully slow as they listened to the ticking of the clock.

Looking up, (Y/n) finally noticed enough time had passed, feeling her chest tighten, an arising sickness entering her body as more anxiety flooded through herself.

Without looking over to the man, she slowly pulled her hands out and pushed them to the arm rests, quietly picking herself up from the chair. Levi's eyes quickly noticed her movement, watching as she stood and turned to the bathroom.

The quiet girl felt as her legs shook, her knees feeling weaker with ever step, much like a toothpick holding up thousands of pounds in weight, ready to snap at any given point.

Soon following behind her, the man found himself leaning in the doorway, his eyes watching as she moved.

Reaching a hand up, (Y/n) picked up one of the tests from a shelf above eye view, her back facing Levi. He hadn't realized how stiff he was, his heart rate speeding up as she lowered the stick to view it, though the results were out of sight from his angle.

Slowly reaching up again, she picked up the other test, pulling it down and reading the results quietly again. The suspension started to get to the man, feeling his tight chest as he waited patiently.