Chapter 36: Tears of Fears, on Hands of Dears

TW/CW: Mentions of sexual assault and rape.

The mind numbed girl made her way down the dark hallway, stumbling as she went, tripping over her own feet.

Her throat felt scratchy, coughing every now and again as she would fall against the wall, continuing to move her feet. Anything to get out of that room.

Limping out of the recruit hall, she weakly pushed the door open, using her shoulder to hold it as she clutched to the fabric just in front of her heart, her whole body stinging and aching in pain. She had managed to pull the majority of her clothing back on, though most was crooked and dirtied with the dark red liquid, her hair in a mess, tangled and thick with blood.

Stumbling, she made her way over to the higher ups hall, her eye catching in the shimmering glass of a clock reading 1:07. As she weakly tried to pull open the door, her knees buckled underneath herself, collapsing down in a coughing fit. Though she quickly managed to pull herself up, teeth gritting through the agony.

Forcing herself to continue, she hobbled into the hallway, the dim light sending a shiver down her spine that usually didn't when she would come through these doors.

But she continued to push, gasping out in pain from a weird footing, but she continued to force her body. Like a fish swimming up river, her progress was slow, though soon she made it to the familiar door.

Her weak hand reached for the handle, but missed, her breath hitching as her body swung forward unbalanced.

Shit.

She mentally cursed to herself as her shoulder bumped into the wall, shocked at how weak she was.

Pushing against the door, she slowly raised her hand, knocking twice on the door, each hollow thump a few seconds apart.

The hall was quiet, no one was still awake, everyone resting after a day of training.

She had given up trying to open the door herself it had been no use in her state.

A few seconds pass, the room was still silent. Gritting her teeth, she hissed out as she pulled her arm up again, knocking slightly harder, three times.

She could hear a small murmur behind the door, then, "Name and business." The low voice of her close one called out, his usual statement.

Her shoulders slumped in relief with the familiar voice.

She found her voice getting caught in her throat, unsure what to say. She stayed quiet for a moment, but the only word she could let out her mouth was the weak whimper of an attempt of his name.

"Levi..." Her voice shook, uneven and quiet.

The room was completely silent, she couldn't hear anything, until the obnoxious sound of a chair scraping along the floor screamed into the night, quickly and suddenly.

Before she even knew it, the door had been flung open, her eyes meeting with Levi's, watching as his widened at the sight of her, shock and horror running through him.

She held her breath subconsciously.

Quickly grasping her forearm, he pulled her out of the way of the door frame. Stepping around her, her shoulder bumped against his chest as he leaned past her.

Levi's eyes rapidly glanced around the dark hallway, before pushing her inside and shutting the door, clicking the lock.

Their eyes met, (Y/n) could feel her throat close.

His lips parted slightly, as if so say something but no words came out, his eyes scanning over her body, landing on the dark bruise forming on her cheekbone, the warm blood sliding down her face over the flaking dry crimson. Her hair in a tangled mess, some parts thick with dark red, her face scuffed and cut, imprints of a ring lining her skin, the messily thrown on clothing.