Chapter 35: One Step Forward, 6 Steps Back

NOTICE: TW/CW
DESCRIPTIVE rape/sexual assault. PLEASE don't read further if you are uncomfortable. This could be a brutal and emotional chapter for some so please be respectful.

The same night, two minutes later...

Echoey footsteps made their way down the old dark hall, ancient floorboards squeaking under the pressure, filling the silent night of the quiet summer night. The air still held some left over heat, warming the pairs skin as they made their way outside, pushing the creaking door open and letting it fall closed behind them, releasing a soft thump as it fell into frame.

The young girl walked silently, her eyes skimming over the old brick walls, her shoes tapping lightly in the concrete.

The brunettes curiosity couldn't be contained any longer, like a board pushed under water, they eventually come flying out.

"So... how was it?" Hange prodded, eyeing her friend and poking her playfully.

"Hm?" The girl glanced over, her mind having been miles away, lost in a vast desert of thoughts.

"You know what I'm talking about, Levi, how was Levi? How was doing it with the Captain? The emotionless soldier. The sexually frustrated fighter. The stoic-"

"Okay Hange enough! God, don't make it weird!" (Y/n) pushed her shoulder, her face flooding red, "It was fine." She shrugged.

"Fine?? What are you a 13 year old boy going through puberty? Elaborate please." She ticked off, opening the door to the female recruit hall and letting her friend pass through.

"Well- I don't know... it was good, he was gentle I suppose." (Y/n) shrugged, lowering her voice in case anyone was still awake.

"Mhm... that's not what the hickey on your neck tells me." Hange raised her eyebrows and smiling as she watched the girls face flush red, her fingers touching the spot on her neck she had forgotten Levi left.

"What did you need my help with again anyways? How long will it take? I'm tired."   (Y/n) changed the subject, rummaging through her pocket for her key as they neared her door.

"We need to get the paper from your room, then head to my lab and throw together a loose plan for a side mission on our next expedition. Shouldn't take to long, we can do more tomorrow evening." Hange stated, leaning up against the wall as (Y/n) pulled her key out.

"Trying to capture another Titan? What happened to your last one?" She asked unamused.

"Broke loose. Ended up running around town and had to be killed, remember?" Hange stated sadly, wiping away a fake tear as her friend hummed in remembrance.

"Oh shoot! I forgot I needed to ask Levi something! You wanna just meet me in there? I need his help to convince Erwin but first I need to convince that angry little midget first." She remembered suddenly, pushing herself off the wall.

"Sure, see you in a bit." (Y/n) stated, chuckling at Hanges desperation as the woman ran off down the hall.

Sliding her key into the door, she heard the satisfying click as it unlocked, sounding weirdly loud in this deadly silent hall.

Her fingertips clasped around the handle, feeling the cool metal against her warm skin, she slowly pushed the door open, a long a drawn out screech from the old hinges crying out into the eerie night. The room was all the same color, black, extremely dark from the lack of light. The only source of illumination came from the shining moon, leaking into the room from the open door.

Stepping inside, her shoes set off another wail from the hollow boards beneath her feet, the darkness engulfing her as she entered her room.

Calmly turning, she shut the door, not even bothering with the lock as she knew she wouldn't stay long. Quietly, she made her way deeper into the room, feeling around with her hands.