Chapter 27: Dancing at gunpoint

12 minutes left. 

The silvery eyed man's hand connected with a thin glass door softly, slowly pushing it open as he clutched the warm metal of the pistol in his hand.

He now stood on the second floor of the hotel, hiding behind a wall he peered around the corner, viewing the large crowd downstairs. He had come up her to get a better view of the crowd, spot out Owen easier.

Everyone was still enjoying the party, dancing slowly to the soft music and chatting lightly. Shimmering glasses were clutched lightly between the fingertips of the guests, alcohol in each of them.

Levi's eyes landed of a pair, a man and a woman, slowly swaying their body's to the music. The woman rested her head gently on the man's chest, moving to the rhythm of the music blissfully.

His gut felt slightly fuzzy, his mind flashing back to a memory from earlier.

Flashback, 9:54 pm.

Levi slowly made his way through the crowd, carefully holding onto two thin glasses, cautious to not spill the liquid inside as he dodged his way through. Finding his way back to the girl, he handed her one of the glasses, she nodded as a thanks before lifting it to her lips, taking a small sip.

Her eyebrows drew together, looking back to the man, "Levi, this is water." She stated, confused.

"Tch, I know that dumbass. You think I'm going to let you drink while on a mission?" He replied flatly, taking a sip of his own.

(Y/n) simply cocked an eyebrow before shrugging and taking another sip, amused by his response.

The two stood off to the side of the main group of people, watching as the crowd operated in front of them. The girl slowly held the glass up to her lips, taking small drinks of the cool liquid, letting it run down her throat.

Getting an idea, her expression lighted, a small smile threatening to pull at her lips. Taking the glass away from her mouth, she turned towards Levi, the man looking down at her in response.

Quietly, she held out her hand in a light pointing motion to the glass, asking for it. Furrowing his brows slightly, Levi was confused by her request, but slowly handed it to her.

Taking the glass from him, she turned around and set them down on a table, the white table liner crisp and clean.

As she turned back to him, her lips had now pulled up into a small grin, "Dance with me?"

By her question, Levi was even more confused then before, his expression showing it, "What?"

"Come on." (Y/n) smiled, reaching out a hand.

Her captains eyes dropped down to her hand, then back up to her eyes.

His voice was low, making sure no one but her could hear, "We're working, not vacationing. We are here to do business, not dance."

A soft and devious smile appeared on her face, more then before. Tilting her head she looked up to him with an untrusting look, "Part of business is blending in, captain."

His eyes only narrowed from her last statement, his face showing his unwillingness. But his hand reached up reluctantly, grabbing hers before he started to walk through the crowds with (Y/n), the girl laughing at him lightly as she hurried to catch up.

The pair walked to a corner of the dance area, in a private enough area but without being the center of attention. The song being played was a soft tuned melody, filled with emotion but being played out slowly and beautifully.

Once they came to a stop, Levi released her hand, his hands moving up to her waist as his eyes connected with hers. (Y/n) still smiled happily as her arms came up and rested near his neck.