• Alone • A • Taegi •

warning: includes:

- Taegi

- subtle mentions of social anxiety (a trait i'm familiar with)

- a slight bit of angst

- not a happy ending

- it is short, sorry

---

shaky. as shaky as leaves when the wind brushes through them and scatters them to the ground from their branches. thats how Yoongi felt.

he had been shopping when he had spotted his old best friend, Taehyung, stood talking with someone. he was happy to see him, but it wasn't too much of a comforting feeling. he would have much rather have turned around and walked the other way, taken his stuff and gone.

but then they locked eyes, and at first Taehyung didn't recognise Yoongi. after a second, his face changed and he broke a smile, and walked closer, beckoning the other person to join him.

"hey Taehyung, it's.. it's nice to see you here. how are you ?" asked Yoongi, a smile on his face but nerves racing through him. he wasn't sure why he felt this way, this used to be his best friend.

maybe it was because of the other person stood just behind him.

"hey Yoongi, meet my boyfriend. we're here summer shopping because we just finished our year of school" Taehyung said, and the other male gave Yoongi a smile, he was handsome, with raven hair and small bunny teeth.

"the names Jungkook, nice to meet you" said the boy, but he stayed where he was just to the side of Taehyung.

Yoongi didn't feel right, he felt like he had been pushed out of frane, if a photo were being taken. discluded and strange. it was hard to explain but he felt like he shouldn't be standing where he was, he wanted to run away but he felt like that was dramatic and after all, his feet felt glued to the floor.

he was stuck. and he hated that feeling.

"anyway, i should get going" he heard Taehyung say, "we have lots more shopping to do. nice to see you Yoongs. good luck with everything" and with a last smile, almost sad-looking, him and Jungkook walked off.

Yoongi unfroze and walked to the nearest coffee shop, took a seat and put his head in his arms. when he lifted his head, he saw people staring at him, and the tips of his ears burnt with embarrassment.

he went up to the counter, and ordered the first coffee that came to mind, and went and sat back at the original seat he had chosen.

he was shaking, badly, but he wasn't quite sure what was wrong. he felt as if he had been pushed back in time and he was drowning, stuck repeating the same cycle day after day. however everyone else seemed to be moving on, changing with each passing minute.

Yoongi didn't like change, and he wasn't used to seeing Taehyung smile at him like that. it broke his heart, but he was happy and proud of his friend for moving on and for finding his happiness.

--

A/N:

i'm sorry. this was written from a real-life i experienced today. i saw an old best-friend of mine, who i haven't spoken to in over a year, and i felt broken by the way i was feeling. this was the easiest way to put it into words and help calm myself.

the writing is bad, i know. but it helped to write it out. my heart still burns and my hands still shake, but hopefully this will make me feel a little better.