Prologue

"Good afternoon Engineer."

I smiled. "Good afternoon."

I can see three men standing in front. The man on the left must be the lawyer because of his attachè chase. The man in the center must be Mr. De Vera, the CEO of the company and the one who's on the right must be his...son.

Yeah, I knew. He followed all my social media accounts and even messaged me about nonsenses. Yes! Nonsense 'coz I don't care. Tsk!

"I'm Attorney Marquez the lawyer of the company," the man with the attache case said and lend a hand. I shaked his hands while smiling. "This is Mr. Emmanuel De Vera, the chief executive officer and the founder of De Vera's group of companies." My smile never leave my lips. "And this is Mr. Vin—"

"Vince Luis De Vera. The son and the only successor of the company," the guy on the right side boastfully spoke as he cut the lawyer's sentence wearing a grin.

I raised a brow. How informal. Tsk!

Akala niya siguro madadala niya ako sa pagpapa-cute niya. Pasikat at feeler ang tangina.

Tumikhim si Mr. De Vera para maagaw ang atensyon naming lahat.

"Please take your seat Engineer," sabi ni Mr. De Vera at nagpaunang umupo.

I can see the disappointed look on Mr. De Vera's eyes looking at his son.

"De Vera's group of companies sent an email requesting my firm to handle the company's projects and upcoming edifices," I started maintaining an eye contact to the CEO of the company.

"Yes, thank you for the response Engineer Villamonte. We hope your firm will accept our proposal," sabi ni Mr. De Vera at sinenyasan ang abogado.

I'm so picky about companies to be partnered with. So, let's see if their company fits my standards.

They hand their proposal. They discuss and says convincing words just to accept their company. Habang pinakikinggan ang kanilang mga sinasabi at binabasa ang proposal ng kanilang kompanya hindi ko maiwasang mairita dahil sa mga ginagawa nung Vince. He keeps on eyeing me while purposely letting his foot touch mine.

"I can't find any problems from your company's proposal Mr. De Vera," I said as I close the folder. "Your company was quite impressive. Actually, I can sign the contract now."

I can see how their faces lighted up. Tsk!

Tumayo na ako.

I don't want to waste my time. 

Their reactions were changed to a questioning look.

I'm wearing a fitted-above-the-knee skirt and a cream top paired with a black business coat and heels. My curves are showing and I got bunch of eyes staring.

"I will not accept your company."

"Wait—what?! Why?" sunod-sunod na tanong ni Mr. De Vera. "You said you can sign the contract now. You just praised our company—"

"Yeah," I cut him off. "Your company was good but the successor was an opposite."

And...I left them with a smile.

Ang manyak ng puta!

He is just the successor. Without his father's company, he's nothing. Even if his a nympho if it's a formal meeting, he needs to act like a respective one. Where's the etiquette? Tsk!
Sarap tusukin ng Langya!

I drove back to the firm.

"Hello?" I answered Klare's call.

"Dzae, asan ka ngayon?"