31

"It's Attorney Kylo Heredia, Sy." He repeated. "Why? Do you have a problem with him?"

"Pa, bakit naman 'yon?"

"Why? And why do you know him?"

I held my forehead, "Huh? Ah wala lang, I just know him by name," i denied.

"pero hindi naman kami close. Hindi po ba p'wedeng palitan?"

"Ah talaga ba, you just know him by name?" he sounded so mean. As if he knows... hindi ko nalang siya sinagot, mamaya ano pang masabi ko.

"Anyway, I trusted that Attorney, Sy. I just guess he would be perfect for your mother's case." He explained.

"Nasa'n na ba 'yun demonyong asawa ni Nanay?"

"As of now, we don't know. But we made sure he will never be near your Mom." He said with authority in his voice.

If I am mad with that fucking husband of my Mom, so my Dad is. Mas malala pa ang galit niya ro'n. I just shrugged it off because I don't know kung may feelings pa siya para sa nanay ko.

"Ayaw pa rin ni Nanay tumira ja'n kasama ka?" I loosen up and tried to just tease my father.

"She doesn't want to. I said I could lend them the house I owned but not used, but she still doesn't want to. I want her to move to other house for their protection, but she doesn't want any of my help." He sounded so sad about it. Dang it.

"Of course, she will never accept any of your help. Lahat nga ng binibigay mo sa kanila pinapangalan mo sa akin, because you know she will never accept it if she'd know that it's from you." I stated facts.

"Wow, you're saying too much." he annoyingly answered that made me laugh.

"Alright, I'll keep my mouth shut. Bye, Pa." We bid goodbyes before ending the call.

I ate peacefully after hearing from them that the problem is going to be solved sooner or later but that fact that Kylo will hold my biological Mom's case... hindi na naman ako makakakain nang matino nito.

With Kylo holding my biological mom's case will make our connection even more connected, e ano naman? I think he's more professional because it is his job. Oh fuck, bakit ko ba iniisip 'to eh hindi niya nga pala ako kilala.

Right, less problem.

* * *

The next week came like a blast. I also received a message from Ninang Shiela, saying, "At Palangga Cafe, near UST. If you don't know that Cafe, please tell me so we can rearrange the meeting place. See you, Sy."

That was the message so here I am preparing to meet Ninang at the cafe Kylo and I used to go. Bakit doon pa? Sabihin ko nalang kaya na hindi ko alam kung saan 'yon? Damn.

Throughout the years after he told me that he doesn't love me anymore, I stopped going to the usual places we used to go. Ni hindi na nga 'ko maka-daan do'n nang hindi siya naalala noon. I never went inside after we broke up, never did I tried to.

It was just... that coffee shop brings every good memories we had. That coffee shop was the witnessed of where we started.

Those days when I always forgets my wallet, will just realize it when I am already at the cashier. Then Kylo will be there to save my embarrassing ass, ordering a coffee without my wallet with me.

Those licensure exams week, in the cafe I used to have a peaceful environment to study. And Kylo will be there to join me and we will study together. After we study we will go on a date. We will spend the rest of our day together.