Arc 4, Chapter 4: A Talk. Reassurance.

Start from the beginning

Eren: "Yang."

Yang: "Yeah?"

I stop and face her.

Eren: "I called Dad."

Yang stops in her tracks and looks at me with widened eyes and a little concern.

Yang: "You did...? How did it go?"

Eren: "It actually went well. I told him a summary of the events that have happened besides the whole timelines and multiverse ordeal. He said he's proud of me for becoming so strong and for being able to live past running away. I told him I'd like to catch up and he agreed."

Yang gasps and smiles wildly before pulling me into a bear hug.

Yang: "Awwww. I'm so proud of you bro! M-Maybe our family can finally be reunited...a full loving family again."

Eren: "Heh. Maybe."

I hug her back and feel her rub my back in slow circles. I could honestly be in her arms for hours. We eventually separate and enter the cafeteria.

We spot team CFVY near the end but besides them there really isn't anyone else we know. Of course there's CRDL but are we really going to talk to them? At least they aren't going after people anymore...

We sit down at a far away table and Yang gets our lunches for us. She immediately chows down. What are you a Saiyan?

Eren: "Have you realized it Yang?"

Yang stops eating and talks with her mouth full.

Yang: "Wha?"

I chuckle and process the stupidity behind what I'm about to say and how she looks right now.

Eren: "You're most likely the 3rd strongest on Remnant right now. #2 depending on how Salem fights."

Yang swallows her food and smiles but it's almost a sad smile.

Yang: "That's true but I didn't earn it or work for it."

Eren: "But you can always work hard enough to get the #1 spot right?"

Yang flashes me an evil smile and laughs.

Yang: "You trying to start a competition?"

I shrug and give her a smug look.

Eren: "Maybe."

Yang: "Oh you're on now."

Eren: "But imagine it Yang. We're practically Gods to everyone around us. You could probably beat everyone in here right now by yourself."

Yang rubs the back of her head and giggles.

Yang: "You're flattering me Eren."

Eren: "Sure I am."

We continue eating and suddenly a fight starts on the other side of the cafeteria. It's between Cardins Team of dumbasses and another team of brutes. I sigh and slowly get up and walk towards them.

Yang: "Rogue? Where you going?"

Eren: "Gimme a second."

I walk past most of the students who have formed a giant wall and circle around the fight. As I move around the students I get stopped by one of them. That Coco girl.

Coco: "Hey man let me get in there and stop them. You'll just get in the way."

Oh really now?

Eren: "Watch."

I push her arm out of the way and step into the main "arena". I see Cardin and this other guy wailing on each other with no semblance. They're really doing this huh.