I gasped, "I will have you know that I back up every claim with evidence. Let's start with..."

He raised an eyebrow, "Well...I'm waiting."

"I...I...I've got nothing. You're too perfect," I sighed dramatically, enjoying his flustered reaction. "Haha that's what you're losing in! I'm the better flirter, you thought."

"As if," he scoffed, flipping me on my back with my hands pinned to the side.

He raised an eyebrow teasingly, ogling at me with his eyes. When he looked at me like that, it was like the whole world stopped. Like I was the only one in his eyes that he could ever look at like that. It was flirtatious yet so loving.

"You look at me like I'm the only one in the world," I said softly, my eyes softening at his beautiful features.

He pressed a sneaky kiss to my lips. Short and sweet but oh so passionate.

"You're not the only one in the world. You are my world," he said.

He dove back in for another kiss. Releasing my hands from his grasp, he let me grip onto the back of his neck and pull him closer.

What I would give to stay in this moment forever.

"You know what other cute couple thing we haven't done yet?" He hummed into the kiss.

"I hope it's not talking while we're kissing because jeez," I huffed.

"Movie marathon," he grinned, scooping me up in his arms.

I squealed, "Put me down! If I get injured again it's your fault!"

"Never. You're never gonna get hurt with me," he vowed.

Then I guess I'll just get hurt when you aren't around.

Time Skip

It had gotten pretty late and the movie marathon was getting pretty boring.

I could tell Hoseok wanted to stay the night, but my gut was telling me that there was no way that would fly tonight. I had a feeling, this was it.

"Rookie, I need you to do me a favor," I said.

He turned to look at me, "That sounds like it'll either be the best thing I ever do, or something I'm going to hate."

"The latter. We're going to have to put a pause on the evening festivities for work. I don't have a keycard anymore and I don't want to sneak into the bureau again. I need you, Arin, and Seokjin to go in, you can say you're working a case and need to file a report. I need you to go with them and activate the 'heat signature sticker' protocol," I asked.

"The what? Why would I need to do that? Why am I doing any of that?" He blabbered confusedly.

I began to usher him outside, feeling the need to rush him out as soon as possible so he didn't convince me to let him stay.

"Just trust me...you do don't you?" I hummed.

"These days...I'm not so sure. How do I know you're not running off somewhere dangerous alone?" He quickly caught up.

I bit my lip, "I'm not."

I'm technically not going to be alone...

"I will talk to you really soon, okay? But I need you to do this for me. It's crucial to this case. It's almost done. And once it is, then we'll go on a week's worth of dates. Actual ones. Where it's just you and me and whatever life wants," I promised.

"Suhyun...Suhyun wait—"

"I love you! Please grab Arin and Seokjin and get on it," I said before hurrying him out the door and shutting it in his face.

Now with all my ends covered, it was time for the curtain call. The ball was in their court now.

I knew Hoseok was worried, but he also knew how to listen and pick up on my signals. So I was relieved to look out the window and see his car, albeit reluctantly, pull away from my apartment.

I grabbed my gun and reloaded it completely, sticking it in my gun holster that I had put around my waist. The handcuffs with Sae and I's names on it was attached to one of my jean loops. And any other necessary items I needed were securely in my coat pocket.

Time was ticking for them to make their move. And my gut just knew they would.

Sure enough, on cue, the receptionist comes up with a serious expression as he hands me an all too familiar envelope.

"Miss Eun...please be careful," he said softly. "I couldn't bear the thought of you getting hurt again."

"That's sweet, but I'll be okay. You just hold down the fort and keep doing what you do best," I reassured.

He didn't seem too convinced, but I think everyone around me had come to terms with the fact that this truly was my issue to solve and that I would be the one who would do whatever was necessary to end this vicious cycle.

Once he was gone, I pulled out the pictures from the envelope.

Horror dawned across my face for a split second as a wave of painstaking memories ripped through my mind, but I pushed past it as best as possible, shakily tracing the area detailed in the picture.

The old factory. The place where my first encounter with Nature's Organization really went down. The place where I suffered torture for a month. And almost died. It was originally a textile factory, but became overrun by N.O. and was driven out of business.

They always said what goes around comes around.

I'm waiting for you :)

For Sae, my parents, Lee Yeonho, Yoongi, Arin, Seokjin, Hoseok, the rest of our misguided bureau, me, and for all that we are, I would do what needed to be done. I would do it for them.

The wait is over. The curtains are up. Let the show begin.