Chapter 13

"What? Now?!" Hoseok exclaimed.

"Yes. Get ready and be down in fifteen minutes. And don't screw this up. This conference is extremely important for the boss."

The door slammed on him making him gasp in shock.

"Suhyun what do we do?" He asked nervously.

"We do as they say. This is an opportunity to see how they deal business. Plus if we do this well, they'll trust us more and then we'll be able to more easily access the things we need," I reasoned.

"Did you hear what he said?! It's six hours of dancing! There's no way we're going to hold out," he huffed.

"I'll cover for you if you get tired. Extreme physical strain is something I'm very familiar with. It'll probably be a lot of freestyle anyway. So just pace yourself," I said.

"But you-"

"This is the job Hoseok. Now get ready, we'll need time to warm up," I directed.

I dug through the closet to find something suitable. I needed to be able to move around, so I decided on an oversized black shirt with some black shorts.

Hoseok had a similar outfit to match me for our duo pieces.

"I'm still not sure about this," he murmured.

"We are there captives technically. This is just torture in another form. Lesson number five, you can't call the shots no matter how wrong the situation is. We comply by them till we can strike. And you can use that to your advantage," I taught.

We willingly let them push us to the sitting room which had been completely cleared out so there was more room.

If it wasn't already crowded from N.O.'s men, now men and women of countless other criminal organizations occupied the space.

"This feels against our job," Hoseok whispered.

"People will deal with the rest of them later," I said.

Seungyun and Wooseok had met us at the stage with sinister expression on their face.

They were chillingly delighted to see us. It was pretty terrifying.

Hoseok and I both gasped when the two of them grabbed us by the collar of our shirts. Wooseok grabbed mine while Seungyun grabbed Hoseok's.

"Don't disappoint us. This is going to greatly benefit us. Should you two do well...maybe I'll consider easing the sentencing," Seungyun said.

All we could do is pitifully grit our teeth as if we knew we had no chance of fighting back. Though that wasn't quite true.

Wooseok held onto me a second longer with a sly glimmer in his eyes. It made me immensely uncomfortable, so I peeled myself away in the most inconspicuous way.

"Do us proud," Seungyun cheered as if this was a favor asked of old friends.

This was merely to showboat. The goal Seungyun had was to expand the organization so that it was big enough to topple big forces like the police or even the agency. And for that he needed allies. In this way, he'd not only be able to talk it over but also assert his dominance using us. He was elite because he could act like a king who had jesters. And once he had everyone under his wing, he could monopolize for more profit.

Hoseok had already begun to warm up, expression darkening as he went into serious-mode.

I placed a hand on his shoulder, "I'm serious, if you get tired, just tag me in. We only have a few groups to go through and then solos. Don't keel over on me."