The Unexpected Event

3rd POV

At the noodle shop, Po is serving the customers at their tables. However, he struggles to squeeze through the small gaps due to his big size. He accidentally knocks into a table.

Pig Customer: Hey! Watch it, Po!

Po: Oh, sorry. Suck it up-- (Sucks in stomach)

His belly gets stuck between two tables, and in his attempt to lift himself free, Po accidentally sticks his tail puff into a rabbit family's soup bowl, making the rabbit children cry.

Po: Oops, sorry! A thousand pardons...

A gong sounds. Po turns, and sees a group of palace staff sticking a poster on the wall of the restaurant.

Po: What?! [He runs over to the poster (which features the Furious Five), reads the writing, and gets very excited.] Master Oogway's choosing the dragon warrior. Today! (Sets down noodles bowls) Everyone! Everyone! Go, get to the jade palace! One of the five is going to get the dragon scroll.

He begins ushering out the customers. Mr. Ping looks up from the counter.

Po: [Runs over to a customer trying to quickly finish their food.] We've been waiting a thousand years for this — just take the bowl! [Runs over to a rabbit counting coins.] This is the greatest day in kung fu history! Don't worry about it, just go!

He begins following the customers out of the restaurant until—

Mr. Ping: Po! Where are you going?

Po struggles to hide his dismay as he turns back to his father.

Po: To the... Jade Palace?... [Inches slightly out of door.]

Mr. Ping: But you're forgetting your noodle cart! [He rolls a heavy-looking noodle cart towards Po.] The whole Valley will be there including Mitsuko, and you'll sell noodles to all of them!

Po: Selling noodles? [Mr. Ping nods happily.] But Dad, I was kinda thinking maybe I—

Mr. Ping: (Smiling) Yeah?

Po: I was kinda thinking maybe I...

Mr. Ping: (Still smiling) Uh-huh?

Po: ...could also sell the bean buns. They're-they're about to go bad.

Mr. Ping: That's my boy! I told you that dream was a sign! [He walks back into the shop.]

Po: [Looks down at the cart, disappointed.] Yeah, heh heh, glad I had it.

-Timeskip-

At the Palace Arena just below the Jade Palace, palace staff are preparing for the tournament while children play and the villagers stream into the arena. The camera then moves outside the entrance doors and zooms down the thousand steps leading down to the village.

It suddenly stops at the bottom where Po is staring open-mouthed at the daunting task ahead of him. He closes his mouth with a gulp, and begins to ascend the stairs, though is severely hindered by the noodle cart. Villagers move past him as he slowly makes progress. Some time later, Po is still ascending the stairs, dragging his cart behind him, exhausted. He stops for a breather and flops onto his back.

Po: I'm... almost there... huh? [He sits up, and sees to his despair that he has only made it up seven steps.] No! Oh noooo!

Then, Mitsuko shows up when she was going to the stairs for the 'show'. Only she spotted Po pass by, while still wearing her cloak and her mask to cover her identity.