✧43✧

I have to do something.

I don't know how the hell Vecna got to Eddie, but I have to bring him back. I don't care what I have to do to make him safe, but I'll do anything.

I also know that I can't involve my friends again. After what happened to Max... I can't risk to have anyone in danger again. I have to do this on my own. 

I rush out of my room and walk back into the kitchen. Kitchen where Eddie was just fin ehours ago. Where we were happy, and not caring about anything else other than us. I shake my head to not think about it too much.

I grab a sheet of paper that was lying around and a pen. 

╔⏤⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤⏤╗
Dear Steve,

I know you expected me to be in the house, like old times, but also with Eddie around somewhere. I wish it would've been that way when you came home today.
But it's not. Something happened.
Don't be mad at me for what I'm about to do, I just can't risk any of you to get hurt again.
This is something I have to do by myself.
Vecna's still alive, can you believe that? Well I kind of expected it.
He paid me a little visit, don't worry I'm fine.

Eddie's the one that's not okay.

Vecna took him.
I don't know what he did to him, but he's changed.
He's on Vecna's side, not ours anymore.
But I'm getting him back somehow, I will.
Don't come after me, or I'll throw you out of the Upside Down myself.
Don't worry too much, I'll be back soon.

See you soon, Avery xxx
╚⏤⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤⏤╝

When I'm done writing the note, I let it on the kitchen counter. He'll find it soon enough when he decides to get his ass back home from Robin's place. He'll realize something's wrong when he sees that me and Eddie are gone.

I don't even want to grab weapons or anything. I just need to get to the Upside Down as fast as possible. I don't think I'll kill Vecna today, my plan is just to bring Eddie home. With me. I don't what will stop him from taking Eddie again from me when I do bring him back, but I'm not letting him alone in the Upside Down.

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

I took my car and raced to the Creel's house. It's Vecna's lair, he has the be there. 

There's also a huge portal cutting the house in two, so it'll be easy to enter and leave the Upside Down if I need it. 

Once I'm outside the Creel's house, I take a deep breath. Here goes nothing. 

Where the door used to be, is now a huge gate, I go through it and I found myself back in the Upside Down. I wish I didn't have to be here again and I hope Vecna can't sense my presence.

There is not one sound coming from the house. Not even the creaking of the walls or the old floors. Like we had established before, Vecna stays mostly in the attic of the house. So that's where I'll be looking first. 

Deeply inside, I hope he's not there. I don't want to face him again. Who knows, maybe he's even stronger now with Eddie by his side. It looked like he had drained everything from him.

I walk up the stairs to the attic as quietly as possible. I don't want my presence to be known. Yet.

When I'm fully in the room, there is in fact no one. Where are they? Taking a stroll in the Upside Down? Chatting like old buddies?