✧9✧

"I mean, you have to admit, as a feat of engineering alone, this is impressive" Dustin speaks while we make our way through this awfully long hallway.

"What are you talking about? It's a total fire hazard. There's no stairs, no exit. There's just an elevator that drops you halfway to hell" Steve replies to the young boy. 

"They're Commies, you don't pay people, they cut corners" Erica throws her thoughts in as well.

"To be fair to our Russian comrades, I don't think this tunnel was designed for walking" Robin says.

"Well why did those two back there came by foot?" Eddie asks the group.

"I don't know about them, but think about it, they developped the perfect system for transporting their deliveries" Robin replies to him.

"It all comes to the mall like any old delivery" Dustin continues. 

"And they probably load it one some truck, and noboy's the wiser" I say.

"You guys think they built this whole mall just so they could transport that weird green liquid?" Steve questions. 

"Nah, I think it's something more serious than that boring green poison Harrington" Eddie replies to my brother. 

"Yeah, it's gotta be much more valuable, like promethium or something" confused by what Dustin had just said, Steve asks, "What the hell is promethium"

"It's what Victor Stone's dad used to make Cyborg's bionic and cybernetic components" Robin didn't help with Steve clulessness.

"You're all so nerdy, it makes me physically ill" Erica fake gags.

"No, no ,no. No, don't lump me in with them. I'm not a nerd, all right?" Steve defends himself right away.

"Oh yeah, you're right, little Stevie can't be associated with nerds, he's too cool for that" I say from behind him. He honestly needs to let go of those 'popular kids high school standarts', he is an adult now. 

"Shut up Aves, I'm just saying, I don't know jack shit about prometheus" Steve says with his head turned to me. 

"Promethium" someone corrects him, "Prometheus is a Greek mythological figure, but whatever. All I'm saying is, it's probably being used for something" 

"Or power something" Robin adds to Dustin's statement. 

"Like a nuclear weapon?" Eddie nervously asks, and I notice his hands trembling a little.

"Totally" Robin responds. I could see Eddie's anxiety pouring out of him, it was so obvious he wasn't used to thing type of thing. I didn't blame his though, the most adventure he's been on is probably D&D related.

"Well, well, aren't you a little nervous Munson?" I tease him and hit slightly his ribs with the back of my hand. 

"Very funny Harrington" his voice cracks and I kind of felt bad for him. I knew we were onto something big, just like the years before. It can be hard on someone that's not used to this 'paranormal' stuff. I just hope he wouldn't take it to harshly.

"Walking towards a nuclear weapon, that's great" Steve sarcatsically says. I could tell he was nervous too, we all were. 

"But if they're building something, why here?" Robin asks to no one in particular. "I mean, Hawkins, seriously? Of all places? At the very best, we're a toilet stop on the way to Disneyland, but maybe that's it. Maybe it's our very..."

Robin, Erica and Eddie continued walking while me and the other two boys slow down a little, a theory popping in our heads.

"You guys think the Russians know?" Steve whispers.