✧6✧

Since I'm the one who dragged Eddie with me to the mall, I know have to drive him back home while Robin and Dustin took Steve's car home. 

"Let's go bed head, I gotta get you home" I say to him while we get into my car.

"Bed head? That's a new one" he says as he closes the passenger door. 

"I'm assuming you haven't seen your hair since you woke up this  morning" I put my keys in the ignition.

"Wait- It's that bad?" he panicks a little and looks at himself in the mirror. "Shit- you could've told me Harrington" he frantically tries to tame the mess on his head. His hair was naturally messy, but I guess he didn't brush it before leaving this morning because that, was on another level.

"I think everyone was more concerned about the Russians rather than your hair" 

Eddie hums in response and sits back in his seat. As always, we don't have super big conversation on the way to his trailer, just simple small talk. When I finally arrive at the trailer park, Eddie doesn't get out of the car right away. It looks like he wants to say something, but is hesitant about it.

"You okay?" I ask him, a little concerned. It's rare to see him that way. At school he's usually very full of himself, joking around and all that stuff, he's never really quiet.

"Yeah, um... would you like to, I don't know, hang out, sometime?" he asks without looking in my direction.

"I mean, yeah sure I'd love to, we'll probably see each other soon though, you helped us with the secret message. You're kinda part of our group now. Wouldn't want you to tell our secret to anyone else" I tell him with a smirk. 

"Never thought I would be in a group with Steve 'the hair' Harrington, decoding a Russian message" 

"Hey, my brother is not that bad" I try to defend him, but I know that Steve can be a pain in the ass sometimes. 

"Yeah, you're right, you're the one that's totally unbearable"

"Excuse you!" Eddie and I both laugh. It was clear to me that we liked each others company, but neither of us was ever brave enough to try and become real friends with the other. Eddie opens his door and starts to get out of the car. 

His eyes softened, just like his smile before he closes the door and looks at me through the opened window. "See ya' Harrington" 

"Be at the mall at 11 tomorrow, 'kay?" I give him a smile in return.

"Sure thing" he replies and heads to his trailer, not looking back. 

I then start to drive out of the trailer park, and make my way back home. 

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

The next day

Erica is back today, trying ice cream samples as usual. Robin is probably the only one who could tell her no, so me and Steve forced her to run the counter for us. 

"Where's the sailor man?" Erica asks for Steve, knowing she can get anything she wanted if it passed by him. 

"Sorry, he's busy" Robin replies. 

"Busy with what?" 

"Spycraft" if we told anyone that, they would probably think we were lying, but it was the truth. Steve and Dustin were trying to find some clues around the mall to help us decode the message. They weren't being very discreet though ; they were out in the open, with binoculars, scanning their surroundings.