✧22 ✧

"Okay, she's in" Steve says as Max entered her shrink's house. Hopefully she can get us some kind of information on what happened to Chrissy.

"I'm missing collarbones, not eyes" Dustin replies, "So, we gonna talk about... it?"

"Huh? Sorry, talk about what?" Steve turns to his friend in the passenger seat.

"Your temporary insanity earlier today when you basically threw yourself at Nance?"

"Okay first of all, that's not what happened" my brother tries to defend himself.

"Steve, I'm pretty sure that's what happened. I'm also positive that everyone could see it" I add.

"Yeah, there was a lot of witnesses"

"Are you guys implying that I still have a thing for Nancy?" Steve questions.

"No. We're not implying. We're stating. And, as it relates to your steadfast refusal to date Robin, it's pretty much the only logical explanation"

At the mention of Robin, I totally forgot that no one, except me and Steve, know that Robin is gay. Dustin still thinks that Steve just doesn't want to date her because of his stupid standards.

"That's not the only one. And as for Nance, I was just trying to protect a friend" Dustin smiles at Steve's words, "A friend Henderson. Okay?"

"Okay"

"I don't wanna find her with her eyes sucked out of her skull by this Vecna creep!"

"You're bright red in the face right now" Dustin laughs at him.

"I mean, Dustin and I are friends with Nancy, but you didn't see us throw ourselves at her" I shrug, "You can admit if you still got feelings for her"

"I'm not admitting anything okay? You guys shut up, I don't wanna talk about it. I'll punch you so hard in the face your teeth will fall back out" he says to Dustin

"Woah! What the fuck Steve?" I say from the backseat.

"Yeah, too far" Dustin frowns.

"Not cool, sorry"

"It's okay"

Silence invades the car and the two boys just look at each other after Steve's bad joke. Then out of nowhere, they just fist-bump.

"Wait, look" I point to the front door Max had just went through.

"Here she comes, here she comes" Steve says as she gets closer to the car and enters in the backseat with me. The two boys in the front turn back to see what she'd find out.

"What'd she say?" Dustin asks.

"Nothing. Just drive" Max ignores the question.

"Nothing?" Steve adds.

"Steve, drive!" she's getting impatient.

"Okay" he calmly replies and starts the car, driving away. After leaving the neighbourhood, Max finally speaks up.

"She told me she couldn't say anything to me about another student"

"Shit" Dustin says.

"But it's fine, I got this instead" she's holding a key in her hands.

"Holy shit, good job Max" I high-five her with a smile.

"Drive to school Steve"

"Dustin. It's Lucas. Do you copy? Dustin" a voice comes into the radio.

"Lucas? Where the hell have you been?" Dustin responds.

"Just listen. Are you guys looking for Eddie?"