✧29✧

I swim as fast as I can to the bottom of the lake, spotting the glowing red gate. I see it's already been open, so Robin and Nancy must have gotten through already.

I pull myself through as well, landing on this grey ground filled with vines. God I hate this place already.

"Avery!" Nancy says mine name. She's just beside the gate with Robin, both exhaling like maniacs after swimming for so long, "Are you okay? Is Eddie behind you?"

"I'm fine, and as for Eddie, I don't know" I say between breaths. Just as I speak I hear a loud gasp and I turn around to see Eddie trying to pull himself to our side. I rush to help him and grab onto his wrists, pulling him towards me. 

"Jesus, I am never doing that again!" he pants.

"Where's Steve?" I turn back to my friends.

"I don't know..." Nancy looks around around for a few seconds, "There! Shit! Come on!" she exclaims and begins running towards Steve.

He's laying on the cold hard ground, getting attacked my some kind of flying creatures that looked like bats, "Steve!" I yell but I doubt he hears me, he's pretty far.

Since we're in the Upside Down, everything in the normal world should be here as well. That said, Nancy and Eddie spot our boat - that's not floating on water - and they grab a paddle each. Nancy hits on of the bats that was quite literally eating Steve's stomach.

"Hey there" Nancy pants and hits the other bat that's carving Steve, "Quick, hold it Robin!" she says about the bat that's wrapped around Steve's neck.

Robin steps on it's tail an Nancy doesn't waste a second to hit it.

"Eddie! Behind you!" I yell at him, seeing a bat flying towards him.

"Shit! Come on!" he takes his paddle and hits it right in the air. I take that opportunity to make it explode with my powers.

"Nancy! Watch out!" Robin yells to the brunette as a bat lands on her back. Robin goes to help her and pulls on it as hard as she can. The second it detaches itself from her, I explode it as well.

At the same time, Steve literally takes a bite out of 'his' bat's tail, making it let go of his neck. He keeps hold og the tail he begins to slam it to the ground, two times to be exact. Weakened, the bat doesn't try to fly away anymore, so Steve puts one of his feet on its abdomen, pulling the tail and ripping it apart.

"Jesus Christ" Eddie says calmly at first, "Jesus H. Christ!" he then yells and throws his paddle on the ground.

"Steve, are you okay?" Nancy says to my brother who's checking out his wound.

"Shit, it looks deep" I say as I see his injuries.

"Uh, they took like a pund of flesh, but yeah, I'm fine" he pants.

"Um, do you guys think these things have like, rabies?"

"Rob, what?" I say confused.

"It's just that like, rabies are my number one greatest fear. And I think we should get you a doctor soon, because once the symptoms set in, it's too late. You're already dead" she explains.

None of us know what to say at her sentence, we just look at her confused. I'm pretty these things don't have rabies.

Out in the distance, a screeching noise makes its way to our ears. We look in the direction it came in; it's more bats. We all get closer to each other, in case they decide to attack. 

"Okay, there's not that many..." Steve whispers, "Avery, you can take care of them, right?" 

I nod and concentrate on the creatures in front of me. One by one, their bodies all pop and there is none left.

"Well that was easy" Eddie says in surprise.

But just as he ends his sentence, more sreams come from the sky. This time, there is so many bats, I think I would lose count if I tried to count how many there are.

"You were saying?" Robin puts in question what Eddie just said.

"The woods. Come one!" Nancy says and begins to run towards the forest that would be around Lover's Lake if we were in the normal world. We all run after her, needing to take refuge immediately.

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

Unedited.

Okay I decided to make my chapters shorter so they won't be as long, so this is just 764 words!

Also, I just started to write a new book! It's an Eddie fanfic again but it's very different. It doesn't follow the plot of ST and it's a love triangle with Steve, Eddie and my OC!

Go check it out:)