CHAPTER 13 : OUT OF TOWN : The flight and The surprise!

Start from the beginning

"Of course I know you! Who wouldn't!?! God! You're so gorgeous! " – Monica, slip of tongue? All the years that I've known her, she is the most demure and finesse person I've ever known. What changed? Hahaha! Robert really creates an impact for everyone.

Robert was caught off guard with the comment but managed to jokingly reply : "Oh, I get that all the time!" – then we all laughed!

We hop in to Monica's car. Robert being the gentleman, offered to drive but Monica refused. She drove instead. We pass by a restaurant downtown Seattle and had our lunch together. It was just brief then we drove to Monica's house.

She parked the car and we got off. I attempted to carry Robert's luggage but he snatched it from me. I went inside the house and settled in the living room.

"How did you hire Nathalie? I mean, she is so lucky that she got the job! " – Monica asking Robert then she winked at me.

"My road manager contacted her agency. And I must say that of all those who applied for the position, Nathalie was the standout and the most articulate of all that's why we got her. So far, she is doing a very good job! Never fail to amaze us. She's also one of the reasons why I got the HTC endorsement. She sealed it for me. Nailed it! " – Robert answered back with a confident tone.

"Really? Well that's amazing! Well to tell you honestly, I am not really surprised anymore because I used to work with her way back home. I'm her former boss too! " – Monica sharing her piece of the story.

I just listened to them and just drifted away. I think I managed to take a nap. I suddenly felt arms around my shoulders. I got startled a bit and opened my eyes. I saw Robert looking at me. I searched my eyes for Monica, she's not there anymore. Robert said that she asked permission to go outside. She will just do the grocery for tonight's dinner. Robert asked if she can drive the car for her but she refused and was told to stay with me. We need to take a rest.

"Tired?" – Robert asked me

"A bit. You?" – I asked Robert back with my sleepy voice.

"Not really, but I want to lie down just to relax my back. " –Robert answered back with his husky voice and then he stretched out his body both arms are now on the headrest of the sofa.

"Oh, the age is starting to bother you now?" – I jokingly asked him

"You seriously think this is about my age? " -  He said with a smirk and wrinkles his nose. Narrowing his eyes.

I just chuckled and let out a low sounding laugh while looking at him. My head still on the sofa's headrest.

"Age is just a number sweetie! Performance matters!" – oh, that sexy seductive and 'double-meaning' comment. I don't want to answer back. I might open a can of worms.

"Let's just take a nap here. I'm too tired for today." – me to Robert

"Let's just lie down on the floor and watch Netflix. How 'bout that?" – Robert answered back.

"Yeah, I think that sounds good! I'll look for comforters in the bedroom." – I went to Monica's room and walk straight to her closet. I searched for the linens and found comforters. I walked towards the sofa in the living room then spread out the sheet on the floor.

"There.. C'mon'!" – Robert finished to spread and fixing it to the floor. I hop on it then sat down. I opened the TV then went to browse Netflix. We are watching Daredevil.

Robert hand me pillows and I snuggle with one. I decided to lie down while watching. This is more comfortable. Robert followed me then he turned to his right side, my back facing him. He pulled me closer to him, hands on my waist. He is snuggling me now! Oh gosh! I am now too familiar with his touches and it feels so right! Wait a minute!

No! I cannot allow this to happen again. I know myself very well and this might end up to another make out session.

"Robert..." – me to him

"hmmm..?"- Robert answered in a somewhat 'moaning' sound

"Err.. not too tight? Uhmmm.. can you just take off your hands off of me, pls?" – I'm starting to get nervous.

"What? We are not doing anything?! We are just snuggling, that's it!" – Robert this time became more aggressive and determined not to let go of me. Instead, he pulled me closer to him. My back now pressing his body.

"Whatever! " – I shot back

My phone ring, I got it from the couch. It's Monica. I answered it. I immediately heard her voice.

"Hey! How are you 2 doing there? Sorry I need to go out to do groceries for tonight's dinner. I won't be back until 6pm." – Monica will be late on coming home.

"Yeah, we're okay. Hey, I got some comforters from your room. We are on the living room floor watching Netflix. Just come home early okay? Love yah! Have a safe drive! "  - I answered Monica back

It's only 3pm. 3 hours more before Monica goes home. I put down the phone then went back to lie down. I am just too tired for the day. I fell into sleep again. I felt Robert slightly lifted my head then slid his one arm. I am now using his arms as my pillow. Maybe this isn't bad or cheating at all? I shifted to my left to face him instead. My head still resting on his arms but now my face is on his chest. He is caressing my back. I put my right arms over his waist as well then snuggled him. He smell wonderful.

"Sleep well, princess.. " – Those were the last words I heard from Robert then he just turned off the TV. He kissed my forehead and rested his chin just above my head. Then everything went silent.

We need to rest.