Chapter 17, Nagging

Before I even got the chance to go back inside Jacob appeared beside me, looking at me with disgust.

"What? I didn't do anything to you!"

"Take my advice. I didn't get to talk to you about this earlier but don't involve yourself with Rafael. I know what you did yesterday."

I gawked at him. "Were you spying?"

"My hobbies are none of your business-"

"JACOB!"

"I NEVER SAID I WAS SPYING, SO SHUT UP. Just don't involve yourself in a relationship with that twerp."

"Why not?" I questioned.

He looked at me with pity in his eyes. "You don't know him."

I wanted to ask him what he meant, but he'd already left. I went back inside the mansion and up to my room, thinking about what Jacob had said to me. He'd known Rafael for longer than I have, but what did he know about him that I didn't? To find out, I planned on interrogating Jacob tomorrow. I needed new clothes anyway (most of mine had torn in fights), so I would go to the mall. With him being my partner, he had to come with me. He wouldn't be able to avoid my questions!

The next day, Jacob, who had fought with Rafael because he refused to go to the mall with me, ended up going with me, muttering something about "that arrogant nose-picker," and "some dumbass." With the police being after him and all, he shapeshifted into a middle-aged man that looked somewhat like me. The whole time he was driving, he glared at me and made ugly faces.

"You could've forced Adam into going with you. WHY ME?"

"It's because I wanted to ask you about Rafael. What did you mean yesterday? What do you know about him that I don't."

"SO ALL OF THIS JUST FOR -" he paused and sneered, "I'M NOT TELLING YOU ANYTHING."

"Please!" I begged.

"No!"

"Please!"

"No!"

"Please!"

"SHUT UP!"

"WHY?"

"BECAUSE I SAID SO!" He barked.

I shut up, but I wasn't going to give up. Jacob was in an adult form, so I would interrogate him at the mall where people were standing nearby. In their eyes, it would be weird for a man to argue with his daughter like that, so Jacob would have no choice but to answer my questions.

When we were finally in the mall, I started again.

"Can't you just tell me?"

"NO!" He shouted. He was so loud that everybody in the area could hear him. People turned around to look at him. I smirked. My plan was working, and he noticed it too.

"I said you can't have ice cream!" He shouted.

I looked too old to be begging for ice cream, but nobody seemed to care and got back to what they were doing.

"I see what you're doing here," he growled in a low voice. "If you're that desperate, I'll tell you. Rafael doesn't act like he likes anybody unless he wants something from them. I get rid of Dougleman's men real easy, so he likes me. He likes Aron because Aron's the only one he can use to keep me under control since he's the only human I'll listen to, and he knows that. Rafael's reputation is dragged through shit with the police after he was a murder suspect for one of Dougleman's corpses that I forgot to get rid of. Derek and Aron defended him in court, so that's why he likes Derek. It's the same cycle for everybody he "likes." It's not like he likes them, he pretends to either because they protect him or he can use them. I'm not sure what he would want from you, but take this as a warning. Stay away from Rafael Black. Oh, and buy whatever so you don't look suspicious even though it's obvious that you just dragged me here to nag me. That's all you'll hear from me, so quit pissing me off."

Obviously, he had more to say than that, but I just let it go.