Chapter 9, Fluffy

It had to be imaginary. There was no way in heaven or hell that a car could disappear into thin air like that, and there was absolutely no way that a unicorn was standing right in front of me. Sounds like shit from a fairy tale.

The unicorn turned to face me. I took a step back, so it came closer. It was very elegant, as white as snow, its mane golden, green eyes shining like emeralds in the night. Their everlasting beauty reflected the stars in the sky. Its eyes were the same green shade as Fluffy's, with the same shine and loving look to them.

I patted the unicorn on the head affectionately. "Thank you for saving me," I whispered. It rested its head on my shoulder in response.

Suddenly, I was blinded by a violently bright light. I fell to the floor, not knowing what to do. To stay where I was, or to run.

I covered my face with my arms until I heard a little "meow." I looked up and saw that the unicorn was gone. Fluffy was standing in its place.

Was Fluffy the unicorn all along?

As if she read my thoughts, Fluffy sprouted wings from her back, answering my question.

Come to think of it, where did I find Fluffy?

I was young and sitting beside a pond. I was only about four or five. I was feeding little ducklings when a cloaked figure about the same size as I was sat beside me. Without saying a word, they reached into their cloak and placed a kitten in my lap. Then, they looked me in the eyes and said, "This kitten will be useful to you someday. We'll meet again in the future." It was a boy's voice that was speaking, and all that was visible was his eyes, and they were as grey as a storm. They looked just like a snake's eyes, inhuman. I thought nothing of it at the time.

"Thank you, I've always wanted a kitten! What's your name? Do you wanna be friends?" I had asked.

"We'll meet again" He'd repeated. Then he left.

I'd happily taken the kitten to my mother, who agreed to let me keep it after I'd begged.

How did that boy know what would happen in the future? Was he some kind of seer?

Fluffy motioned for me to follow her with her head, this time walking slowly and waiting for me to catch up with her. She led me to a large mansion that I recognized as Luke's.

"What are you doing here, Fluffy? He'll get mad that I came here at night!" I whisper-shouted at Fluffy.

"I was waiting for you," a voice said behind me.

I turned around. It was Luke. He looked miserable but smiled at me. He hugged me. "I was expecting you." He whispered into my ear.

But he held a blade at my throat.