Chapter 6, Erase your memories

I snuck into her bedroom window again, but I made sure she was asleep this time. She is. I feel horrible doing this, but I have to. I need to do what I intended to do the last time.

I know she knows about the Nine Lives, she tries to hide it, but I know her well. I can see right through her. She remembers all her past lives, even though her memory should have been erased for her to move on to her next life. If she remembers it all, she is bound to act rashly. The moment she sees Harry Dougleman, she'll try to kill him. But would she succeed in doing so? No. He would kill her first. I intend to protect her.

The only way I can do that now is to erase the memories of all her past lives, even though it pains me to do so. She won't remember anything, even that she was my wife. That we were in love once upon a time. That pains me the most, but it has to be done.

I stood there for a moment, just staring at her. Then I started the ritual. Selaphiel(Seph), Jacob's sister, showed me how to do it because Jacob couldn't be bothered to show me how. He despises me for some reason, probably because I'm human. The only human he ever liked was Aron.

I needed to wake her up first. With the candle I bought with me in hand, I leaned over and whispered "hey" in her ear. Her eyes shot open and before she got the chance to scream, I covered her mouth and looked into her eyes. Then I put the cursed candle in front of her face. I could see her eyes rolling back, slowly losing consciousness. That was the easy part of the ritual. "I'm sorry," I whispered, "I'm so sorry." I took her left pinky finger and linked it with my right one, then closed my eyes.

When I opened my eyes, I was in her head. I could see all her thoughts, all of them displayed on a separate screen. It was filled up, different screens everywhere. I was in awe. I could simply erase any memories I wanted, all I had to do was break the screen. It would take a while to look through all of them, but I would do it.

There were memories of the first life, which I could barely remember myself. We died young in that one. She was still a child, fourteen at most. She was a bit older than she is now, yes, but she looked exactly like she did in this life. She was outside, playing with matches. She had a blank expression on her face. She looked like she was up to something. She lit one of the matches and set it on the grass. I gasped. Why would she do such a thing? Didn't she know a fire would start, or was it on purpose? The fire started, but she just stood there, the blank expression turning into a smile. The fire soon became very large, and she jumped straight into it. 

I gasped once again, in horror. I always wondered why that life was so short. It was suicide. The world was only 2014 years old before it ended in that life. You see, the world has 2000 years to grow before ##### comes, and then its fate is in her hands. This is how it was every time. It still is. The world is currently 2000 years old plus her biological age, which I will not be sharing.

I clenched my fist and threw a punch at the screen. The glass shattered, then disappeared after it touched the floor. I went through all the memories of my first life and did the same. My fist was tingling and bleeding, but I had to keep moving.

I destroyed all the memories of the second life, the third, the fourth, the fifth, the sixth, the seventh, then stopped at the eighth.

##### was staring down at me with Luna in her arms, tears streaming down her face, while I was bloody and beat. None other than Harry Dougleman was standing over me with a knife dripping with my blood. "Run" I had wheezed. Dougleman spotted ##### and kept his eyes on her until she ran off to the room I think was Luna's. She locked the door and ran towards the balcony, then he kicked the bedroom door down.

I didn't need to see the rest. I punched this memory with all my heart, all my might. My eyes went blurry and tears soon rolled down my cheeks. I destroyed the memories of the eighth life with no regrets. We could start over, and I will protect her this time. Dougleman will feel my wrath.

The white room of screens was empty, except for the few screens that contained the memories of this life. There was a large, shiny sapphire in the middle of the room, which Seph told me to grab once I wanted to get out of ######'s memories. I ran towards it and grabbed it.

When I opened my eyes, I was in #####'s room again. She was asleep. She no longer had the presence of a knowledgeable adult stuck in a child's body, she looked like an average child.

I pecked her on the forehead, then jumped out the open window. I made my way home.

When I got there, I wanted to go straight to bed, but Seph and Jacob were loitering in my room. "Did you do the ritual? Did you erase her memories?" Seph asked.

"Yes." "It'll do the stuck up wrench some good, maybe she won't be as stuck up anymore," spat Jacob, who was now hanging from my ceiling.

I glared at him. "Do not speak of her in that way!" I shouted, but not too loudly, for fear that Mr. Fox would hear me. "I would like to rest, please leave," I said. "Quietly."

Seph nodded and disappeared, and Jacob rolled my eyes at me then did the same.

I wrapped my injured fist with plaster and curled up in bed, but couldn't sleep. I still felt bad after erasing #####'s memories. I know it had to be done, but still. She wouldn't remember the good times we had together, the hard times, the sad times, the ridiculous moments, and everything else we had shared. I know it seems selfish, because it is, I will admit. All I want is her. All I need is her. She is the light in my life, she always was. Always there for her loved ones, always caring, always loving, ever so beautiful, inside and out. She is the sun itself, shining above everybody else. She is so shamelessly herself, so flawed, yet perfect in my eyes.

And I will love her always.