Chapter 3, His house is really big and I realize I'm really broke

The following day, we had to help my grandparents and aunt and uncle unpack in the afternoon. We helped Mr. Fox too.

My mom told me that Luke's parents both died, and Nicolas Fox was his legal guardian. She didn't tell me why, and I didn't ask. Lucas would probably tell me later. It was the same as it was in my last life. His sister and parents were dead. 

I'm not going to bore you with the details of helping our grandparents, aunt, and uncle unpack, I'm going to go straight to the part where we helped Mr. Fox and Lucas unpack.

As I stepped out of the car, I saw just how large Lucas' house, or should I say mansion was. That's not all. It was the house I lived in when I married him in my last life, and the house I died in. A shiver went down my spine as I remembered. I hope the past doesn't repeat itself. If it does, we're doomed.

I shook that thought out of my head and continued towards the door. 

As I was about to knock, somebody hugged me from behind and lifted me up into the air. It was easy to guess who it was."YOU CAN PUT ME DOWN NOW," I shouted. He put me down and made a face as if he were taken aback. "So, so... you don't love me anymore?!" He asked in fake anguish. He fell to the floor as if fainting. The audacity of this man never changes.

Everyone around us was laughing as if this was the funniest thing they had seen in their lives. It wasn't funny when you were the one who got lifted into the air by a maniac.

Mr. Fox came out of nowhere and said "Hello, what a pleasure to see you all here! I assume you're here to help us unpack?" "That's correct," said my father. Mr. Fox smiled. "Well thank you, I appreciate it, but we already finished unpacking. We have many maids and butlers, so it was done in a jiffy." 

"Oh I see," said my mother. "Please, all of you sit down and have a cup of tea with us!" Mr. Fox said with a smile on his face.

"A cup of tea with you, my darling!" Luke whispered into my ear, dramatically. He tried to hug me, but I ran away from him, which was a huge mistake because he ran after me. "COME BACK MY DARLING!" He yelled, laughing. "YOU'LL HAVE TO CATCH ME FIRST!" I yelled back. "B-bu-but m-m-my love!" He stuttered in fake pain. I could hear everyone laughing. I could feel my face turn red because I was acting like a child. "SHE'S BLUSHING FOR ME!" he screamed like a maniac.

Ok, I had enough. I let him catch up with me and then slapped him on the face hard enough for him to shut up. He just smiled. I ran back to the mansion and went inside. He followed. "Need a tour, my lady?" He asked, extending his arm. "Meh," I replied, and slapped his arm away.

"I'll take that as a yes!" He exclaimed. The next thing I know, I was being carried like a baby. "PUT ME DOWN OR I'LL TELL ON YOU!" I teased.  He showed me around the whole house that way, and I was begging him the whole time to put me down. He really has no respect. 

"This is the dining room, this is the second dining room, this is the third dining room, this is the first living room this is the second living room, this is the third living room, this is the fourth living room, this is the sitting room, this is the second sitting room, this is a guest room, this is another guest room, this is a third guest room, this is a fourth guest room, this is the indoor swimming pool, this is the second indoor swimming pool, this is the inside hot tub, this is...my sister's old room..." he said with a sad look on his face. He paused for a moment. "Are you okay?" I asked. "Yes, why?" he asked back. "Nothing," I replied. "I think I had enough touring, please put me down."

He smiled once again. "But you haven't seen half of it!" He exclaimed. I rolled my eyes "That's fine, just take me to where my family is, please. And put me down." He smirked and then put me down.

They were in the fourth sitting room, drinking tea, and conversing. I sat next to my sister and sighed. She was taking so many pictures on her phone of herself holding the teacup and posing. "Get in, #####!" Share squealed. "No thank you, I'm good," I replied. "Tsk, you're boring," she said and went back to taking pictures.

About five minutes later, we left. But before we left, Luke gave me a rose and 1,000,000 winks as everyone was "bidding each other farewell," as he put it. I stuck my tongue out at him. 

I got texts from Aron when I got home. He sent me a picture of himself whacking Lucas on the head with a shoe. I replied, "Good for you, as you should. Give him an extra one from me!" then got comfortable on my bed and also texted him and how Luke tortured me when I went to his house.

I remember now why Luke is so rich. It's his parent's house he is living in, not Mr. Fox's. His father was the owner of a company that took care of homeless people and poor people. Lucas will take it over someday. Or at least that's how it was in my last life. Since everything is so similar in this life to my last life, so I'm guessing that's how it will play out.

My mini cat, who I haven't mentioned before, jumped on my stomach and curled up on it. Her name is "Fluffy," because she's fluffy. Heehee, I love her so much. She's about the size of my hand, with white fur and blue eyes. I pet her cute little head and kissed it a hundred times over.

I am in love with cats and you can't deny it. In all my lives, I 've had one or two. I soon became tired and fell asleep with Fluffy by my side.

I dreamt of myself in my past life. I was with Luna, Luke, and Lucas, we were at a picnic with Nadia and her husband. We were talking about our jobs, money, and life. I needed to use the restroom, so I excused myself and went to find an outhouse.

It took me a while to look for an outhouse, and when I didn't find one half an hour later I used the restroom in a nearby movie theater.

"I've been gone for a while, they must be worried about me," I thought, so I hurried back.

When I got back, everyone was covered with blood, dead. I stood, mortified, wondering who did this and why anyone would do this. Tears slipped down my cheeks and I fell to the ground in despair. A sharp pain went through my chest, as if I were stabbed. I looked down and saw the blood. I heard the metal of the knife leave my skin and, before I could hit the ground, I awoke.

But I woke up undaunted. I'm used to these kinds of nightmares. I dragged myself off my bed and took Fluffy to her cat bed that I had made myself, out of a wooden box and pillow stuffing. I wish I were a cat. Nothing to bother me, sleeping peacefully, playing with yarn, not a care in the world. I know it is foolish of me to think such thoughts, but it is true. I do not care if I sound like a child, life would be better if I were a cat. Even if I were a cat, I would still have nine lives.

But that's just an expression.

I wandered around my room, lost in thought until I fell asleep once more.

When I awoke, it was night, I was in my bed, and a shadowy figure was looming over me.

I tried to scream, but a hand covered my mouth. "It's me," said a voice. It was Luke's. "Luke, is that you?" I asked. "Yes," he replied.

I smacked him on the head. The audacity of this man! I was scared to death! "What the hell do you think you're doing here?" I whisper-shouted. He smirked. "I couldn't sleep, so why not come here?" I gaped at him. "If my parents saw you here you'd be dead. How did you even get in here?" I asked.

"From the window, of course!" He replied. "You do know that's illegal, right?"

"Anything for my lady." "I'm not your lady. Just shut up and stay under my bed until morning."

The idiot did as he was told. He was gone in the morning.