7

The marble temple stands large in front of them. Honestly too large in Xie Lian's opinion. In fact with another heavenly official with him it seems much larger than before. And was that... gold detailing? Has San Lang decorated more because he said a guest was coming??

It didn't help the Pei Xiu had been staring for five minutes already. The smaller god just shifting awkwardly in a way only an 800 year old trash god could know how to. "Your highness, this is your..." Pei Xiu stands mouth open gaping. Xie Lian smiles sheepishly. "My followers are very generous, if not slightly extravagant." Slightly has never been a word to describe Hua Cheng.

Extravagant however, is used almost hourly. Xie Lian sighs. They haven't even gotten through the door yet.

"Slightly?" Pei Xiu repeats. Xie Lian winces. "Slightly?? Your highness this whole temple is solid marble, there's gold detailing, and you have a white jade statue that's three times your hight. This is more than slightly extravagant." He says amazed at the offerings as they walk in further. Millions of flowers, white and pristine. Steamed buns by the pile and water chestnuts in delicate china bowls. "This rivals the emperor's temples. They said you had no followers, your highness that just can't be true."

Xie Lian sighs at that. "Really? Oh dear, but what can I do? I don't have thousands. But the followers I do have, do what they like when they like. And my temple master is the worst out of them all." Pei Xiu tilts his head. "Temple master? I've heard the General Ming Guang talk about him once. Is he tall and devoted, rich and overwhelmingly possessive of you?"

Xie Lian flushes waving his sleeves around. "Ah, we'll perhaps he is, he built this temple with his own money and carved my statue. In fact he would fight anyone who disagrees with me so do be careful." He giggles. "That bad?" The younger asks frowning. "Oh much worse than whatever you've imagined." Xie Lian says laughing harder.

"I heard that your highness." A voice chuckles from the background. "Ah San Lang!" Xie Lian jumps turning around. "San Lang?" Pei Xiu questions watching his highness beam running to the man.

A tall, rich looking man in all red. A tall rich looking man in all red hugging his highness tightly while glaring at the deputy. Pei Xiu squints. He looks suspiciously familiar. Like Pei Xiu has heard of a man like this. A man in all red...

"Hello to you too dianxia and this is our guest?" Hua Cheng asks raising a brow at the deputy. Xie Lian nods brushing off his robes. "Yes yes, XiuXiu come, say hello."

Pei Xiu sighs. "You never save me any face your highness." The younger complains. "I'm general Pei Xiu, his highness the crown prince's deputy. It's nice to meet you temple master." He say some what proud he remembered who this is without introduction.

"Oh so you're a Pei. I hope nothing like your relative." The ghosts says. Pei Xiu frowns. "No, his reputation is strong I see." Hua Cheng nods looking mildly disgusted. Pei Xiu can't blame him. "I don't particularly enjoy the troubles he causes from his hobby choices and don't participate in anything other than my duties and what the crown prince asks of me."

The temple master smiles cruelly. "Excellent, right this way then." He gestures. Leading the two to a door. "San Lang you're so mean, don't frighten lil XiuXiu, I've known him for a long time. He's very sweet and loyal too. I'm very proud he ascended." Xie Lian says linking arms with the taller man. Pei Xiu huff a smile. "Don't defend me your highness, he can hate me if he wants."

Instead of a fight Hua Cheng just pouts. "Have you known him longer than me?" Pei Xiu snorts at that. Of course Xie Lian has. Pei Xiu is over 200. A normal human temple master couldn't ever match up to him. The three walk through the door as Xie Lian giggles. "Of course not San Lang XiuXiu is only 236."