chap 4 - lacrosse things

Being good at Lacrosse just came naturally to me. Last year was my first year here at Beacon Hills, I was the first freshman to become a co-captain of the Lacrosse team. To everyone's surprise, I had actually never played Lacrosse before for someone so good at the sport. Jackson Whittemore, however, wasn't too pleased with the creation of a new leader position for the team.

  Jackson was never exactly friendly to me, which didn't seem to bother me at all too much. "Jealousy is a bitch," I would constantly repeat to myself, but sometimes he can be a real pain in the ass.

"Let's go you lazy imbeciles, out on the field! Oh, welcome back y/n it's good to see you again. GREENBERG-"

Coach Bobby Finstock.

Honestly, if this wasn't my story to tell, I'd say it's his world and we're just living in it. Coach is THE moment, and definitely a main character in my book.

I've been to many schools and played many sports, but none of them can even come close in comparison when it comes to Beacon Hills Lacrosse team. These people make me feel so happy and welcomed, well except for Jackson.. but for the most part, they're like family to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I run onto the field, lacrosse stick in my hand, ready for our first practice of the season. The wind is blowing just enough for it to be a comfortable temperature outside, and I can't help but take in the fresh outside air. The scent of human blonde lingers in the air as I finish up leading our warmup stretches.

Allison sits on a set of bleachers and gives me a little wave to show that she arrived. Her smile makes me want to melt like ice cream on a hot summer day and those dimples. My god.

"All right, seeing as most of you have failed to stay in shape this Summer, I want 3 laps around the field. NOW. LET'S GO GREENBURG, OR YOU'RE GOING TO BE RUNNING LAPS UNTIL I THROW UP," Coach said.

I quickly returned a smile to Allison and began running my laps around the lacrosse field. I begin with a slow jog, pacing myself through the laps. Though I could absolutely smoke all of these individuals, appearing human is necessary for a vampire's survival.

Humans are slow, both mentally and physically. However, unlike many other beings, they have the ability to reason, which is what makes them the best predator. Not that I think of things like that, of course.

"Dude she totally likes you," I hear Stiles say as he runs a bit faster to catch up with me.

"Who? What do you mean?"

"Allison, you dumbass. How are you the top student in every class, but lack common sense and have no understanding of social clues??"

"Lucky me, I guess? Look, I'm sure she only showed up to be nice," I say, but I somewhat hope that's not true. I want her to like me. There's something about her that just attracts me, whether it's her blood or perfect smile.

I quickly finished up my laps, and went to sit down by the bench for a rest, though I don't need it. The Autumn breeze feels so nice against my cold pale skin, and I close my eyes to enjoy the feeling.

It's important to take moments like these to just appreciate the scenery and the world around you, Dad taught me that. I sit back, listening as the wind blows against the leaves and birds chirp for one another.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before I know it, practice ends and everyone begins packing up their bags to head home. I noticed Jackson making his way towards me, almost with a smug look on his face, ready to start something with me. At this point, I'm basically tossing my belongings into my bag to make an escape before someone goes home crying. I'll give you a hint, it definitely won't be me.