chap 1 - only time will tell

I had never really considered myself to be a monster, I always denied it whenever I had any doubts about it at all. Mama always told me to be proud of my families' legacy, seeing as we are one of the last few Legacy family of vampires to exist. Dad never seemed to care much, whatever mama says, goes. She told me we have a reputation to uphold, it means a lot to her being Keeper of the Emerald Malkia. I've never thought of it being a big deal, but with me being next in line to be Keeper, mom keeps me on my toes.

     Being a Legacy means we were not made, but born this way. Other vampires would kill to be a born vampire, but it was just handed to me. Though I had no choice, I can't help but think it makes me pretty badass.. Of course there's not much that puts us aside look wise, but it's still pretty cool to think about. We're much faster, stronger, and far more wiser than any other vampire. We also tend to be immune to silver, I had to learn that one the hard way back in 1997. Let's just say a silver stake to the heart isn't the greatest feeling. That aside though, it feels good to be the best.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Y/n come downstairs, you're going to be late. Stiles will be here to pick you up soon," I hear my mother shout from downstairs. I must've got lost in my thoughts again, I thought as I glance over to see the time on my phone. 6:17AM. School doesn't start until 8AM, but Mother always says it's better to be early than late.

    I slowly pull the covers off of myself, clearly not wanting to get up and begin my day. Funny how my bed is only comfy in the mornings when it's time to get up. I rummage through my closet wondering what I should wear for my first day back at school. My family thought it would be a great idea for me to spend some time with my Aunt in Germany over the summer. I must say, despite her lack of fashion sense, Aunt Lou is a damn good Chess player.

     I set aside some outfits to wear and then I head into the bathroom to brush my teeth. Every morning I like to just admire myself in the mirror, remembering who I come from and what I am. Sometimes it can be a humbling experience, other times it makes me feel more confident. I guess it just depends on the day!

*here is where I give you all the option of what to wear :)* pls give me any outfit suggestions and stuff like that !

Option 1

Option 2

Option 2

Option 3

Option 3

Option 4

Option 4

Which did you pick? :)

Back to the story!!!!!

     I quickly finish readying myself, pulling my shoes on my feet and putting my final jewelries on, jewelries being my eye contacts. Being best dressed has always been something I strive for. It's important to present yourself the way you want people to see you, another valuable lesson taught to me by my Mother. Despite her love for guilt tripping and constantly belittling, she has a lot you can learn from.

      I rush downstairs fully expecting Mother to be  at the bottom of the staircase ready to complain about my every move. "You're-" she started. "Never prepared? Think again," I say lifting my bag in my hand smiling. She's quite predictable. "Well, yes actually. But your Father and I need to have a talk with you before you leave." Not this talk again. Mother seemed to notice the unamused expression on my face because she grabbed my hand and sat me down at the table where Dad was enjoying his daily newspaper.

      "Mama, I'm going to be late. Can we just talk about this later or actually never?" In my family, it's only right that we get to experience our "First Kill." It's been apart of our tradition for centuries, dating all the way back to Lilith and Eve. Once we've taken our first kill we are to experience the bite of the Emerald Malkia, just as Lilith once did. "Y/n, it's very important that you get your first kill and have the opportunity to bond with our precious Malkia, just as I did, as all of your relatives have," Mother explained to me for the thousandth time. "I was about your age when I had my first kill, and your grandmother was even younger. I want you to take your time, but I worry about you." She really has a way with her words honestly.

   "Your Mother is right Y/n, we worry about you," my Dad buds in. There was never a time when he didn't side with Mother. Just then I heard a vehicle pull up to our driveway. "I've got to go, goodbye!" I rushed out of the door before they could stop me. I've always respected the Albrecht family traditions, but they've always tried too hard to push them onto me.

    I suppose only time will tell if I do decide to continue our traditions, or ultimately fail us all. Suddenly that option doesn't sound so bad though. Perhaps I just need to meet the right person to help guide me through the right path.