chap 2 - can't control myself

"Get in Y/n you're going to make us late," Stiles shouted.
  "Since when have you ever been worried about making it to school on time Stiles?" I said in response to him being impatient.
    "Since the birth of Lydia Martin, now get in asshat," he says smiling.

That's one of my best friends, Stiles Stilinski. He's a bit of an asshole, but honestly just a sore loser who can't pull the girl of his dreams. Super funny, caring when he wants to be, and overall a great friend. Though, sometimes it feels like I'm speaking to my worst enemy.

I roll my eyes, walking around the front of the car and tapping on the passenger side window. Scott slowly rolled the window down and looked at me with a smile on his face.

  "Hey Y/n.." he started to speak, in hopes to sweet talk me into letting him have my seat.
    "Scott isn't that my seat, it's not like you haven't had it all Summer or anything like that," I said.
  "Well, it's not like your name was written on this seat or anything."
  "Ah, think again Scott," I say, pointing to the head rest where I have engraved my name on the front seat.

He looks at my name, then back at me,
  "Maybe you should go spend some more time with your Aunt Lou," he said as he opened the door to move to the backseats.

Scott McCall, he's one of my other best friends, probably a bit nicer than Stiles. Scott has the personality of a puppy, it's cute. Altogether we make up our little trio. In fact, I've already made it clear to my parents that they're not food for them or myself to eat. They're off limits. Scott and Stiles do wonder why they've never been invited over though. They've both seen my house from outside, but never invited inside. I just don't know if I can trust my parents with them.

"It's nice having you back Y/n, it's been horrible listening to Stiles ramble on about old cases and making sarcastic comments every chance he gets," Scott explains. "What'd you even learn from going to Germany to live with your Aunt anyways?"

As much as I would like to tell them, I'm not sure if I can. They've been my best friends for a while now, but yet I still feel the need to bury this secret inside me.

"Nothing much really, we played Chess, she taught me the secret to growing beautiful and healthy flowers, and of course a few life lessons here and there," I explained to them as we made the drive to school.

   That information of course wasn't a lie, but I did make sure to leave out that Mother actually sent me to Germany so my Aunt could persuade me into making my First Kill. She tried, many times. If I had a dollar for every person she brought over in hopes I'd drain the life out of them, I swear I would be filthy rich.

"Well she definitely didn't have you outside very much, you're more pale than usual, or are you just not feeling well. Did you sleep good last night," Stiles asks me.
    "I slept alright, Aunt Lou just isn't one for being out in the sun."

   I was actually up all night trying to convince myself not to watch the newest season of Criminal Minds without Stiles.

We pulled up to the school, and I grabbed my things out of the Jeep with my schedule in hand. Despite the existence of some people, I actually missed being here in Beacon Hills. The cafeteria food isn't all that good, but Lacrosse motivates me to stay, and the fact that my parents have already made themselves known here.

"I'll see you two later, I've got a locker to decorate!" I gave my goodbyes to Scott and Stiles and start walking to the entrance of the school. Dad always told me to say goodbye because you never know what may happen, Mother never seemed to care much about goodbyes though.

Before walking in, I get a glimpse of everyone here, some new, and some who have been here for a couple years. Each one with their own stories to tell, their own families and lives.  The thought of me draining every ounce of blood from them hovers heavily in my mind, as I enter the hallways of the school.

    "Hey Y/n!"
    I hear a voice call as I arrive to my locker. They touch my shoulder but immediately pull their hand away.
   "Oh, Danny! How are you?" I asked him. We aren't as close as we used to be before school ended for the summer.
    "I'm good, but I could ask the same for you, you seem really, cold? Do you need a jacket, I have a spare-"
  "No it's all right, I feel fine thank you," I cut him off before he can make a scene out of it.

    "Oh, of course! Anyways, you ready for Lacrosse? Don't tell Jackson I said this, but he's worried you may come after his Team Captain position."
     "Maybe I will, who knows? Tell him not to get too cocky, I've been practicing a bit this Summer," I say. I tend to be a little full of myself sometimes.
"Ha, all right will do, take care y/n," he smiles as he waves goodbye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   FIRST PERIOD 8:15 AM

    Mr. Eric Davis is a great teacher, very well spoken, I just wish he wouldn't talk too slow to get his point across. I've always found History interesting, but boring. Why have to learn something when you've already lived to experience it?

     I can't help but zone out and listen to the sounds of nature outside. As the seconds go by, I begin to hear a soft sweet voice from outside. I take a glimpse to see a girl with soft fair skin, lengthy brown hair, and deep brown eyes. Her beauty was absolutely mesmerizing, but something else about her stood out far more to me.

   The thought of her remained in my mind as she disappeared from my sight, but never out from my scent as it got stronger.

   I felt as though I couldn't control myself. For years I've hidden and surrounded myself with humans, but the smell of their blood couldn't compare to hers.

  This feeling is something I've never felt before. Who is this girl? What is she? Why do I feel this way?