chap 3 - not a people person.

The girl's scent only got stronger the closer she got to the classroom. I tried distracting myself by listening to the guy in front of me tap his pencil on the desk, but the feeling only got worse. I was so caught up in my thirst for her blood that I didn't notice she had walked into the room.

   Mr. Davis used his hand to guide her to the empty seat across from me to my left, as it was the only available seat left in the classroom. That's just the luck I seem to have these days.

  "Hey, I'm Allison, Argent," she said as she reached her hand out to shake my hand with a smile on her face. She does have a nice smile, I'll give her that.

    "Y/n, Y/n Albrecht..," I respond, but ignoring her offer to shake hands. I kind of figured I could act cold towards her so she'd get the impression that I'm not exactly a people person, but that clearly doesn't seem to work.

     "Oh, Y/n, I like that name."
"Thank you, it was my dead Great Grandmother's name."
  "Oh I'm sorry, I-"
"No it's all right, Granny was a little crazy.."

    Granny really was, more so than my Mother, and even her Mother. She nearly cost us our entire bloodline, and our precious Emerald Malkia. However, I believe that's a story for next time. Love you, Granny.

  "Hey, do you happen to have a-"
Before she could even finish asking her question I pulled out an extra pencil, handing it to her.
   "How did you know, and your hands are cold, is everything all right?" She asked me, seeming concerned for my health.
  "Yeah, I'm all right, I just tend to get cold easily, and lucky guess?"

   There was something different about her, not just the way her blood called to me, but her soft voice sounded like a melody in my ears. I longed for her deep brown eyes that truly complimented her fair skin complexion. Who are you Allison Argent?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    I have never left a classroom so fast after that bell rung. Even the teacher seem a bit surprised with my actions. It's not like me to just up and leave without asking more questions, or finishing up with writing.

    Feeling this sick feeling within me, I rushed down the hall passed all of the other students heading to their next classes. But just as a round the corner for the bathroom, I bump into someone.

   "Hey, watch where you're going, you're going to ruin these new shoes," the strawberry blonde haired girl said in disgust.

   That's Lydia Martin, really pretty, honestly, but she's a bit of a bitch. Not that I care to get to know her any further than her bitch side, she's usually with her boyfriend, Jackson.

   If I didn't know any better, I'd suck the life out of her right here in the hallway, making her my first kill and ridding myself of hunger, but of course I was taught better.

   "Lydia, I believe I could care less about your new shoes, hey are those Steve Madden? Great choice actually, the color really compliments the rest of your outfit, if this was a runway show made with items from the garbage."

   I lightly nudged her to the side, entering the empty, quiet bathroom. The burning feeling in my throat had only gotten worse, I could feel my eyes begin to burn as tears of blood began to drip down my cold, pale skin. One thing they fail to mention to you is how bad your thirst for blood will be before your first kill. It's harder to control until you fully get the feel for it. I've had portions of blood, enough to keep me going, but not quite enough to keep me fully quenched.

    Right now would be what I consider a humbling experience. I look at myself in the mirror, staring into my contact covered eyes. The longer I stare, the image of myself fades into her.

   My intrusive thoughts tell me to live up to my families expectations right now, her blood so strong to me. However, a part of me can't help but to feel the need to protect her, and enjoy her presence while I have her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LUNCH 12:23 PM

  "Meet anyone new so far?" Stiles asks me as we carry our lunch trays to the table where Scott waits for us.
  "I did meet someone, I, just don't know how I feel about her yet."
  "Paranoid?" he asks, lifting his eyebrow, giving me a smug look.
"Never. Being paranoid is for sore losers like you," I say while setting down my tray.

   The cafeteria wasn't quite filled with people yet, we like to get there a little early. One of the best feelings is not having to push through a bunch of hungry hormone-filled teenagers.

  Suddenly, I could feel her presence in the room, the scent thick, as it got closer.

"Oh she looks new," I hear Scott mention.
"Hey, Hey McCall, back off, I call dibs."
"You can't do that Y/n, it's not fair."
"I just did, and it is fair, I technically saw her first."
  "Well, I-"
"Hey, do you guys mind if I sit here?"

  I absolutely do mind. I got too carried away bickering with Scott that I hadn't noticed Allison making her way to our table.

   "We don't mind!"Stiles answers for the three of us. I made sure to give him a stern look, just to get my point across that I'm not very pleased with him at the moment.

  I'm not quite sure what all was said, I had completely lost myself in my thoughts that I hadn't even noticed the bell already rung. However, I couldn't help but notice her staring at me, almost as if she were studying me. A part of me kinda liked it.

"Hey we actually have Lacrosse practice after school, if you want to come and watch."
"Scott, don't be a burden. I'm sure she has better things to do than watch a bunch of sweaty teenagers run across a field chasing after a ball with sticks," I respond. I mean I have a very good point, who would willingly want to sit around and watch that?

"Oh, I would love to actually. You said after school? I'll be there, thank you for inviting me.. Being new isn't exactly easy."

Yeah tell me about it. For years I've been moving around different schools, meeting new people, friends, and learning the same things over and over again. More than 50 graduation caps, and I'm still going. There's got to be some kind of record for that, right?

  "Great, we'll see you there!"

———————————————————————————————

  AUTHORS NOTE :)

I'm going to try to update this story maybe at least once a day or once every couple days depending on my schedule..

I enjoy writing, but I honestly thought I would have a lot more motivation to write a ff than I actually do 😦

I'm also a bit nervous that people won't like my story so please give feedback :)!!