Part -2 Missing teenagers

Start from the beginning

After hearing that, Monami remained silent.

Just a piece of advice, if that person is really Mr Shergill, do not ever look at his face.” Koel added after a while.

Monami smiled and said, “It’s okay. Come what may, he will not be able to scare me.”

 *****

After chatting a while more, Monami looked at the time before turning to look at the police officer that was opposite her house. There were still lights emitting from the office.

Sid ko bhi dinner ke liye bula lete hain..,” Monami said to her sister.

I have to meet my friends,” Koel suddenly told her sister before leaving in a hurry.

****

Once her sister left, Monami headed to the window and called Sid. “Bro, it is me, Monami. I am back.”

Sid didn’t reply to her immediately and that was when Monami spotted a shadow appearing at the police office’s window.

First stick your head out of the window, so I can verify your identity with my binoculars… tum Monu bro ho ya nahi” Siddharth Ganju instructed her and Monu could hear a hint of laughter in his voice, making her smile slightly.

The Ganju's family and the Shergill’s family were very close friends, Sid and Monami had known each other since young. Because of their family’s close relationship, the both of them had often hung out together even though there was a four years gap between the both of them.

After Sid enrolled into the police academy, they hung out less. When Sid finally graduated, it was Monami’s turn to head to the university and they had even less time to hang out with each other. Time passed and before she knew it, 3 years had passed since Monami last saw Sid.

The sky was already dark, the street lamps slowly lit up one by one until the end of the street. Under the dark and hazy sky, Sid was in his police uniform, causcally leaning against one of the lampposts and a lazy smile on his face.

Monami walked over to him, a smile was on her face. Once she was in front of him, Sid had hugged her before she could open her mouth to greet him.

Kitna time ho gya, bro... missed you” Sid said to her.

Monami was rather surprised by his sudden action but she returned the hug after a while as her smile grew wider.

****

They headed to one of the restaurants nearby, Sid had chosen a table that was near the window. There was a screen that separated their table from the rest, secluded and quiet. While he was ordering food for them, Monami simply looked at him quietly.

Not looking at her, Sid continued pointing at the dishes he wanted to the waiter when he asked, “pata hai.. pata hai.. bada handsome hoon main.. ladkiya marti hai mujh par but itna na taad.. nazar laga degi?”

Shut up.. I can't understand one thing till now..,” Monami answered him in all seriousness.  A smile emerged when Sid heard her answer.

"Kya"

"Yehi ki tu ek police officer hai"

"Bro, tu janti hai.. other than you.. I am not close to people… that much."

Indeed, it was true, Sid’s looks belonged to those upright, handsome, neat and clean. Black brows, red lips and white teeth, everyone who looked at him would agree that he was extremely good looking. However, Sid was rather arrogant since young making it hard for people to approach him.