#40 Aftermath

Big 40! First time hitting this number on a book :V

The blond was in a state of shock, it had been a day, the calm after the storm... but it wasn't calm, he was angry... furious. That damn snake Sannin had really did make everything around him a living hell... Clad in black, Naruto stared down at the ground, dirt being slowly placed over a coffin... "The third Hokage... will always be with us. He made this village what it is today... As a father... a grandfather... and an idol to all of us." It was a Jounin saying these things, but it was flying over Naruto's head...

He flinched when he felt a hand placed on his shoulder. Turning he felt the empathy radiating from his Fiance... knowing he had to deal with this twice... he supposed there was one thing not knowing your parents did a good thing, he didn't have to deal with their funeral... His grim thoughts were cut through as he saw Jiraiya a little ways away, and he gave a small wave to come over where he was. Following his request, he walked over, Ryouichi staying behind, muttering to him about seeing Haruki and Iren.

"What is it pervy sage..." He said much duller than Jiraiya could give him credit for. "I have a favor to ask." Naruto looked at him expectantly as the toad Sannin scratched his head. "I need your help finding my teammate." The blond instantly glared at the floor, "Done, Ryou probably already has his spies looking for him no-" "I'm talking about Tsunade." His chattering was interrupted by that, spiraling him into confusion. "Tsunade? Why?" Jiraiya could only frown sheepishly. "I'll just get straight to the point, I think she should be fifth Hokage."

Naruto tilted his head. "Why can't you do it?" The man groaned, seemingly hearing this before. "Because I can't, I have my spy network to run, not to mention my research!" Naruto rolled his eyes at that one. "Not to mention she was so much better at these types of things than I was." The blond crossed his arms. "Really? Cause last time I heard of her, she was spotted gambling away the senju's fortune and drinking herself to sleep." Jiraiya sighed, "People have a weird way of coping killing people Naruto." He said seriously before muttering. "And dealing with people that they lost..." He turned, staring back at the funeral that had slowly started to disperse... only a few staying back.

"Fine. I'll help, but you have to talk Ryouichi into it. He apparently has met her before, so if anything will help us, it's him." Jiraiya shrugged his shoulders, he already planned on doing that, knowing that the boy's mom and Tsunade's grandma was distantly relatives. "That shouldn't be hard." Naruto snorted at that before looking back towards the funeral. "Do you have a plan to kill the snake?" Jiraiya sighed and shook his head, "No, fortunatly though, sensei disabled him quite heavily." the blond looked at him questionably. "He took his ability to use his arms." Rolling his eyes. "Yeah well, that won't stop him much, that bastard probably knows enough sealess jutsu that could level Konoha."

"That he does..." 

Naruto's arm twitched again for the third time during their conversation, Jiraiya noticed it the first two times but the third it started to bother him. "What's wrong with your arm kid?" Naruto grimaced, knowing he couldn't hide it... Slowly pulling up his sleeve, a pattern occured up the blonds hand and towards his arm. "I... might have done something stupid." Jiraiya stared at the arm in surprised as he grabbed it. "What the hell did you do??"

...

Ryouichi walked into the vacation home, hearing a fairly loud cry and frantically seeing his ninja and maids running from room to room, their hair completely messy. Iren was one of them as she suddenly saw Ryou and ran to him. "Oh, thank god! Ryou! Please, He wants one of you!"  Hardily missing a beat, he walked into the room where Haruki was, his eyes were full of tears and a pout on his face, that was until he saw his father and his eyes shined, the glossyness from the tears made it look like he was estatic from seeing him. "Hey Haru-chan, are you getting everyone to fuss over you?" He cooed at the little babe who slowly rolled on his stomach and  waved his hand up towards him.