42. Abhi Ki Jaan (IV)

Start from the beginning

Abhimanyu: But?

Mahima: Look, there is no easy way to say this...so I'll just say it- Akshara had a panic attack. A very bad one! I had to inject her to calm her down. It was because she tried to call you and...and no sound came out-

Abhimanyu: Kya?!!

Mahima: She couldn't speak Abhimanyu! She couldn't...she tried taking your name in vain and started to panic...I didn't think her vocal chords were this affected! She seemed fine. Anand will ring in a specialist. But right now, things seem uncertain..

Abhimanyu stared at the two blankly. Mahima called out his name but he did not respond. He stood up abruptly and walked out in a daze.

Anand: Mahima! Call Manjiri now!

.......

Manjiri Birla wiped her tears. Her daughter-in-law was the sweetest person and her state was killing her on the inside. She was also worried for her son. She met Harshvardhan on the way who told her Abhimanyu's whereabouts. Soon, she entered his dark cabin. She did not switch on the lights and navigated her way through the dim light coming in from the frosted window glass.

At one glance, anyone would think the cabin is empty but Dr. Rohan had been keeping tabs on Abhimanyu and was sure he was inside. Manjiri went in further and saw Abhimanyu crouched under his desk. He was staring into space blankly. Manjiri put her hands in his hair and unlike always, he did not complain.

Manjiri: Abhiii...

Abhimanyu did not react.

Manjiri: Abhii, beta....ro le-

Abhimanyu looked at her. She noticed his eyes were red- he had cried!

Manjiri: Beta-

She pulled him on her lap. Abhimanyu broke down in her embrace.

Abhimanyu: Maa! Maa, meri Akshu ke saath kya ho gaya! Pehle ye hadsa...pta nahi kyu kiya kissi ne uske saath vo sab...

He got up and looked at Manjiri while wiping his tears.

Abhimanyu: Apko pata hai maa, Akshu ne bohot himmat dikhai...vo un logo se bachkr bhaag rahi thi, she fought maa! And that monster did this to her right in front me ...meri hi nazron ke saamne meri Akshu ke saath- aur mai kuch nahi kr paya maa!!...

Manjiri: Khud ko dosh mt de beta...galti un badmashon ki hai-

Abhimanyu: Akshu toh OT me bhi bohot brave thi..ek second bhi haar nahi maani...sink nahi hui...It was like she heard me and fought for us... Itna kuch ho gaya maa aur ab ye....uski awaaz! Uski awaaz uske liye kya hai ye hum sb jaante hai...Usne mujhe bataya tha ki bachpan me jb bhi usse akelapan lagta tha toh music tha uska saathi- uski awaaz mere liye bhi bohot khaas hai...mera pehla rishta usse hi juda tha...bhagwaan humse vo nahi cheen skte..

He cried. Manjiri wiped his tears.

Manjiri: Abhi, Tu Akshu se pyaar krta hai na?

Abhimanyu: Khud se bhi zyada...

Manjiri: Nahi, tu mera sawal samajh...kya tujhe Akshara se sach me pyaar hai..

Abhimanyu: Jhoot ka pyaar krna mujhe nahi aata-

Manjiri: Kal ko Akshara ki awaaz agr sach me wapis na aayi...to bhi kya tu usse utna hi pyaar karega..

Abhimanyu: Maa! kaisi baaten kr rahi ho aap?...Akshu ki awaaz mere liye bohot khaas hai...usse ek rishta hai mera...rooh ka...pr usne mujhe sirf Akshu ki taraf kheecha ...lekin Akshu ke hone ka ehsas mere liye usse bhi zyada khaas hai ...vo khaas hai...mera pyaar uske liye kabhi km nahi hoga...