𝟏𝟏𝟏| "To my spirit, farewell"

Start from the beginning

My hand stayed where his heart was, wishing for it to be my head instead, wishing for the sound of his heart beating to lull me to sleep as the world around me no longer mattered, until I no longer cared about what awaited me after I woke up. Even if my time was short-lived, even if I could feel my self slipping as every second passed by, it wasn't scary.

Death was less frightening when I wasn't alone. When he was there and my body wasn't my body when I was in his arms.

It was clear what Ukan wanted from me. Unlike the other Oogami, he was different, he was once like me. Seemingly human, until the Owl moulded him into something unrecognisable. In that sense, we were both alike and he hated it. His self-control was little to none and patience wasn't his strong suit. He wanted revenge and they no longer cared about whether I live or die, I was of no use to them anymore.

I anticipated it to happen, but not this soon. My sense of time and space was derelict. All I was, was a being reminiscent of a time where I once had everything in the palm of my hands, only for it to be taken away from me not long after. I was vengeful.

"Oh, little bird!" Ukan yelled. "Come out, come out, wherever you are!"

My eyes snapped open. His voice, it echoed in the corners of my mind, through the ruptures of the ruins and smoke, he was close by. I knew that, he brought me to him and now he wanted me to find him myself. To take the bait and face the consequences of venturing blindly, for wanting something I had, something he couldn't have so long I was alive.

What I did know was that he operated almost like a child. He threw tantrums until he got what he wanted and had innocence, such that his ignorance could be perceived as naivety. An unstable, broken monster controlled by the hands of his master.

I heard the sound of a sudden exhale, followed by incoherent words. "Acacia, Acanthus, Amaranth, Angelica, Anthericum..."

My eyes widened, recognising the words he said as I swallowed. Parts of me I'd forgotten, he held onto. He remembered me. I quickly removed my hand, staring at the side of his face.

"What hurts?" I asked hesitantly.

Sasuke opened his eyes, his eyes of darkness clashing with an ocean disrupted by a calamitous storm, one that he eased into calm seas as he refused to tear his gaze away- refused to let me go. It held me gently, encompassed me with security.

It took everything I had to not take his offer. To run away from the world, from everything and escape to a place where peace was ephemeral— but felt like a lifetime with him. After so long, I'd finally felt at peace despite how selfish it might sound to relish the company of someone I hurt and continued to hurt. Someone whose loyalty was a curse that shackled him to a fate that knew nothing but grief and anguish, someone who'd fight and fight until the only way he could rest was when the hands of death tore his soul away from the earth.

This time, Sasuke was the one who looked away, trying to lift his body up with his elbows only to grimace with pain. "M-My back, I think my ribs are shattered."

I didn't say anything, lost in contemplation. I couldn't heal myself, my Shizen rejected me as the curse grew stronger. But it didn't mean it wouldn't heal him.

Lifting my hand, I placed it on his chest once again. "What are you doing?" He murmured.

At first, nothing happened, until golden strings glistened around him, threading his body, piece by piece until his back arched slightly in relief and the wounds he had disappeared.