PROLOGUE

xxx

MAYOR FUENTEBELLA's ADDRESS DAY

03:24 PM. Figures of great men were visible in the top portion of the railings, where men in formal attire could clearly view the event. Pieces could be seen on their ears, and their eyes scanned the surroundings sharply as the crowd began to assemble within the building. Agent Grey called out to the younger Watanabe through his earpiece.

"Saber," He looked up to see Montero playing with his lollipop whilst trying to give an eye to the ocean of people. His lips move as he held his earpiece.

"Viewed here, senior." He answered Grey Bang who signaled him to move in which he did as he arranged his jacket on, handsomely stretch his back and neck, cracking the candy inside his mouth. 

"We'll go south, Red and Black in the North. Go to the center, secure the mayor." With all the authority, Agent Grey ordered all the listening agents to move, which they didn't decline and quickly did the order from their senior agent.

"Copy that." Montero answered and pulled the back of his gun, pulling and throwing the stick of his lollipop before putting letting his lips keep the stick of cigar in his lips - he then calmly lit it up as he started walk, and carefully set his caliber.

"Cuídate." Once again, Grey said on the other line and went toward the crowd, picked up a few conversations with individuals, and nodded towards a few of their other agents who were now making their move.

On the other side, Mayor Cillem Park is presently delivering a poignant address in front of an auditorium filled with people who're listening to him.

"Thank you! I speak here as your mayor, meagre and grateful, delighted to be the 44th mayor in the existence of this wonderful city. We are indeed a fond city with a great heritage, and I know everyone here is aware of how our generation has evolved over time, and now, we're here—in this stage..."

Mayor Cillem Park took a deep breath and looked around to see how many people were watching him, speaking his words truly from his heart; he then smiled as he continued.

"I'm looking forward to a town with safe and stable streets and excellent schools for all kids, regardless of their vicinity or home address. A place where people wish to stay and develop. A place of refuge from dread where nobody has to remain hidden from poverty. A community where every job offers a decent salary and is affordable for elders and households, not just for some kind of higher people. A city that embraces morality and inclusiveness as our supporting values; a city of decency, optimism, and abundance for the many..."

The newly elected mayor of the city could almost feel his hand beginning to perspire but he proceeded in speaking in front of the people who were now standing by his side and who couldn't help but feel stronger emotions as they watched the new mayor take office.

"Once again, as your mayor, magnanimous and hopeful, I make one public declaration to the eons who came before us and to the eons who will come after us..." he smiled broadly, formally arranging himself, "We'll keep forming this magnificent city so that we can leave it healthier more powerful—" 

Unexpectedly, the Mayor's address was interrupted when a loud blast was heard throughout the area, resonating in every corner of the full arena; as chaos and confusion began to fill the enormous area, where everyone was screaming in terror and fleeing in fear.

Mayor Cillem Park quickly shifted and sat down, covering his ears in shock as his mind raced with ideas and he almost got to his feet to view his people in the cluttered area. 

"Mayor!"  

Just as he was about to go on with the current chaos, a man dragged him back and fastly put him back on the very corner of the place. Feeling the trembling hand of the mayor, Grey Bang looked at the senior. 

"Mayor, stay here and don't go away—"

"M-my people! How about those people?! I need to check them—"

"Mayor, head down!" 

With his quick action, Grey Bang swiftly pulled down the mayor's head as he fiercely peered up to the roof of the stadium, where he could see men with long weapons pointed at them while most of their black clothing covered their faces. 

The agent pulled the back of his caliber and was about to give a shot but immediately screamed a curse when he felt a flaming bullet enter the skin on his back. Grey Bang looked up to see a man who was about to pull a trigger again when someone preceded his action and mercilessly shot his head, straight to his forehead, making him fall on his position. 

"Grey!" The agent turned to look in the direction the baritone voice was coming from, and there he spotted a man sprinting towards their vicinity. It was Agent Saber Montero, who had just shut the man with a sniper earlier to death.

"M-montero..." almost feeling the bullet in his skin, Grey Bang gritted his teeth to the younger who held his arms.

"Fuck! You got a shot. Come, let me help you—" he wasn't able to continue his words when the older agent shook his head and weakly looked at the corner of the place, "Don't mind me, I will take care of myself. You need to get the mayor away here!" 

He looked at Montero who creased his eyebrows and was about to complain but Grey only offered him reassuring glances as he turned away and slowly fled, attempting to escape the bullets coming from the various corners of the area while still clearly feeling pain from the bullet in his back.

Pulling the back of his gun, Montero fastly walked near the hiding mayor, not showing any signs of emotion in his face as he furrowed his eyebrows. 

"Mayor! Come, we need to go!" he mumbled and held the terrified senior's arms who also didn't anymore budge and just let the agent dragged him out of the place, almost walking fast as he pointed his pistol on the other side when he took a glimpse of unknown faces currently showering them guns. No plan of getting shot, the young agent's now relentlessly pulling the trigger and let the bullets run over their fucking body. 

"Mayor! Watch out!" shouting with his baritone voice, Montero Watanabe gritted his teeth and hurriedly pushed the senior on the other side after seeing almost four men pointing guns at the mayor. 

"Bullshit!" Almost losing his shit of temper, the agent didn't think twice and pulled another caliber from his back as he fiercely darted his eyes on the coming men.

In an instant, Agent Saber Montero Watanabe shot ferociously with both hands, wielding two different types of guns, and with a face that concealed any expression of hard emotion.

He displayed no signs of mercy at all.

After finishing some of the men, he then immediately went to the mayor and helped him stand up, which didn't last long when the senior tried getting up from the frigid ground, trembling in fear as he let the agent guide him out of the place, unaware about Montero's bleeding stomach.

Unfortunately, he got shot.

xxx