"You have a lovely home," Iceland said.

Realizing I had been forgetting my manners, I repeated the compliment, "Yes, a very lovely home."

She turns to face us and gives a bright smile, "Thank you. I have three guest rooms upstairs, you guys can divvy them up as you please, but the two rooms on the far end up there are my room and office, so please don't go in those," she said, pointing backwards, to the front of the house. "The beds don't have sheets on them though, I'll have to go get those."

"Oh, we can put those on the beds ourselves if you show us where they are," I suggest.

She nods, "Ok, I'll just throw them on top in a bit."

She walked off to the other side of the hall and we took that as our cue to claim our rooms. We divided into our usual pairs: Denmark and Norway, Sweden and me, and Iceland and Sealand.

As Sweden and I set down our things, America popped in and threw a folded set of sheets onto our bare mattress before disappearing back into the hallway to drop off sheets for the others. Once we were settled, we all met in the living room, which was through that empty doorway I couldn't see through earlier, and talked. Sweden sat next to me on the main couch with Denmark on his left while Norway sat on the morris chair near my end of the couch. Iceland sat with Sealand on the floor on the other side of the coffee table with his arms resting on the table. America had suggested that he sit in the recliner instead of her but he insisted that he would be fine on the carpeted floor.

I took a moment to take in my surroundings while Denmark chatted with America. The floor was covered in a fuzzy gray carpet that stopped at the boarder of the adjoining kitchen, where it turned to tile that was navy-blue in color. Sunlight streamed in through two medium-sized windows that looked out into the back yard of the property, which looked to be largely untamed woods. Though, I could see the corner of a vegetable garden, just barely within sight from where I sat.

 Though, I could see the corner of a vegetable garden, just barely within sight from where I sat

(It's not quite to scale but I tried)

"Who built this?" Sweden asked, his question bringing my mind back to the conversation at hand.