𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒏 𝒐𝒇 𝒏𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒖𝒏𝒆 𝒊.

" THE DREAM "

song: chamber of reflection
𝒎𝒂𝒄 𝒅𝒆𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒄𝒐

THE LAST THING Percy Jackson had expected was a visit from the goddess of love in his dreams. If he were being honest, he shouldn't have been all that surprised. But he couldn't help it when he was thrown into an old memory as soon as his head hit his pillow.

At first, he heard only words. It sounded like an old recording being played over.

"Percy and Andie sittin' in a tree..."

The voices sounded like teasing children as they mocked in high-pitched sync.

"K-i-s-s-i-n-g!"

"Shut up!" That voice, he recognized that voice.

Scenery began to take place around him. He was at his old camp, Camp Half-Blood. A lake slivered down along the side of the camp, and on the grassy side there were kids. He counted at least six girls, but one was obviously leading the rest as she made sure to stay in the front.

Then he saw her. A younger Andromeda (probably no older than thirteen) looked extremely angry as she stomped along the side of the lake, away from a group of girls chasing after her. They all wore the same orange shirts he had on the day he came to Camp Jupiter.

"First comes the love," A few of the girls began making kissy lips while the rest giggled. "Then comes the marriage-"

Andromeda swiveled on her heel. "I said shut up!"

"Oh, she's mad now," A girl snickered. Drew. He remembered her now. She was not his fondest memory.

Andromeda's fists clenched, but she ignored her and continued on her way. But the girls only followed her.

"You girls think she's still mad her boyfriend kissed me?" Drew cackled. Her scratchy voice could raise goosebumps to anyone within a 70 mile radius in Percy's opinion.

The rest of the girls ooh'ed her. Andromeda's steps skidded to a stop for good this time. She turned to face them fully. Drew and her group stopped a few feet away from her. "You all need to grow up! Drew, he didn't kiss you. So you can shove your little fantasy up your ass!"

At the last remark, Drew's smile dropped. Then she quickly regained it when she remembered her friends were watching beside her. "Sure he did. Right here. By this lake."

"Liar." Andromeda spat. But her tone wavered.

Thirteen-year-old Drew shrugged. "Believe what you want, witch freak. Either way, it happened. And there's nothing your ugly, stupid self can do about it."

Andromeda looked like she was about to swing at Drew. She took a step forward, but before she could raise a fist, the sound of running water made both the girls turn. Beside them, the water from the lake had begun to rise above the lake like a fountain, and when it reached a certain point, it splashed onto the land-straight into Drew.

A few silent moments passed, and they all stood there watching the completely soaked daughter of Aphrodite. Drew spit out a mouthful of water, face contorted to one of shock and horror. Then, the girl let out a shriek so loud her friends flinched behind her.

"What-" She spluttered, her eyes landing back on Andromeda, and all Percy could see was hatred. Nothing but pure hatred behind those eyes. "You! This is all your fault!"