[ 13. ]

II xiii. the long-lost brother... II

EVERYONE was silent as the pair stared at each other. The group waited with bated breaths. The breeze seemed to slow, the snow no longer was flying everywhere. Even the snowstorm seemed to calm-

"Wait, he's your brother?" Andromeda asked, finger pointing at the blonde boy, and making him turn to her with an offended look.

"What?" Thalia breathed, her blue eyes unblinking.

"I said I'm your-"

"My gods!" Jason looked terrified as Thalia lunged forward, wrapping him in a hug. He awkwardly patted her back, before she parted and did the same thing she'd done to Andromeda-scanning every inch of his face. "She told me you were dead! Thank Artemis, it is you. That little scar on your lip-you tried to eat a stapler when you were two!"

Leo laughed. "Seriously?"

Hedge nodded like he approved of Jason's taste. "Staplers -excellent source of iron."

Thalia was talking so fast and so energetically, Jason seemed to be having a bit of trouble keeping up. "W-wait," He stammered. "Who told you I was dead? What happened?"

At the cave entrance, one of the white wolves barked. Thalia looked back at the wolf and nodded, but she kept her hands on Jason's face, like she was afraid he might vanish. "My wolf is telling me I don't have much time, and she's right. But we have to talk. Let's sit."

Piper did better than that. She slipped from Jason's grasp and collapsed. She would've cracked her head on the cave floor if Hedge hadn't caught her.

Thalia rushed over. "What's wrong with her? Ah-never mind. I see. Hypothermia. Ankle." She frowned at the satyr. "Don't you know nature healing?"

Hedge scoffed. "Why do you think she looks this good? Can't you smell the Gatorade?"

Thalia looked at Leo, a stern glare on her face. "You and the satyr," Thalia ordered, "take this girl and Andromeda to my friend at the entrance. Phoebe's an excellent healer."

"It's cold out there!" Hedge whined. "I'll freeze my horns off."

Leo sighed. "Come on, Hedge. These two need time to talk."

"Humph. Fine," the satyr muttered. "Didn't even get to brain anybody."

Andromeda comfortingly patted his shoulder as he pouted and the two started towards the tent. As Leo began to follow, Jason's voice stopped him. Andromeda glanced back once to see Leo making his way towards them once again. Her eyes connected with Thalia, and she winked-giving her a thumbs up.

THE TENT was in fact, extremely warm and cozy. Andromeda had to fight the urge to just slump from exhaustion right then and there. But she had enough energy to greet the red-head as she turned to her with a blank face.

"Hello, Andromeda."

"Phoebe!" Andromeda smiled, arms open. "I thought I told you to call me Andie?"

"I'm aware of what you said."

Andromeda's hands dropped, eyes blinking in confusion. Phoebe shuffled past her. Coach was sitting on a chair in the corner of the tent, eating a Styrofoam cup, and Piper was laying on a cot, face sickly pale. Alabaster was leaning against the back of the tent, playing with his ring. Her heart immediately twisted and she turned away.