[ 08. ]

II viii. myths unfolded... II

SLEEP HAD COME much easier than Andromeda had thought. She'd had enough guilt over her head as they flew farther from the mall, and Medea's sorrowful face staring after her was glued to her memory. So she allowed it to smack her off her butt and drag her into dreamland.

But her dream wasn't at all what she expected.

The first thing that appeared was a mirror. A tall, golden rimmed mirror stood a few inches away, showing her whole reflection. She looked down the mirror, watching in awe as a warm glow encased her body.

She was wearing a lacy white corset dress with puffy sleeves. It was down to her ankles, with a side slit leading to her lower thigh. Golden sandals were on her feet. Atop her head was a golden tiara that laced over the dark curls falling around her shoulders. Her lips were as dark as roses and the golden eyeliner seemed to brighten her green irises. She was all golden.

But one thing caught her full attention──a heart shaped locket on a golden chain rested against her collarbone. She reached for it, gently prying it open, and gasped. Two letters were written on either side of the parted heart: A + P

"Andromeda."

She looked back up to the mirror and her breath hitched. Aphrodite stood beside her, staring back at her reflection. But when she turned her head, the goddess wasn't there.

"Aphrodite?" She asked. The goddess in the mirror didn't respond. She only smiled, arm raising forward. Andromeda followed her finger. An archway leading towards the small chatter of people gave her an answer. She looked back to the mirror, only for the goddess of love to no longer be present.

She swallowed, turning back towards the archway. Slowly moving towards it, she passed through, and the scenery changed.

Men and women were surrounding her, all in pairs and swaying to a soft harp that played in the air. They were dressed in fabrics of all colors and designs and sandals similar to her own. Everything seemed so elegant. So ethereal. Blinding white pillars surrounded her, all angled upwards to point at a bright crescent moon above.

Nearly dodging a twirling woman, she backed into a figure.

"Oh, sorry..." Her breathing faltered when the person turned to look back at her. He had dark messy hair and extremely identifiable sea-green eyes that widened when they landed on her. They both froze, gazes locked. Then, he muttered a name.

"Andromeda?"

She sucked in a breath. "I──" A body bumped into her from behind, making her stumble forward with a gasp. Arms enclosed around her and the dark-haired girl was met with a bare chest. Percy's chest.

Her eyes widened and heat rushed to her face as she stumbled away from his grasp. Not that she cared, but she didn't know how...fit her boyfriend was. Has he always been like this? "Oh, gods, sorry about that..."

"No! No, all good." He coughed awkwardly, backing up just as she had. "I, uh, all good."

She looked back to him, subtly scanning down. He was dressed in a chiton, the fabric matching the color of his eyes and contrasting nicely on his tanned skin. "I didn't think this was really your style."

He grinned, looking down at his outfit. "Well you can't exactly be picky when a goddess dresses you up, huh?"

She laughed. "Touché."