Never Fade || KTH.(1)

"Taehyungie! Taehyungie! Taetae, look!" Ha Eunbi skipped up to Taehyung, a large smile on her face as she swung back and forth on her heals, hiding her hands behind her back. The boy turned, smiling brightly.

"What do you have for me, Eunbi-ah?" He asked, smiling down at his childhood friend.

His childhood love.

When they were toddlers, they'd been introduced to one another. Eunbi's parents owned a small apple farm that was famous for their quality. Taehyung had been playing out in his grandmother's backyard when they'd first met.

And after that, it'd been history. They had become practically inseparable. They'd grown up together, and along the way, their relationship had turned from best friends into crushes, into childhood lovers.

Now fifteen, the two of them had never been happier. They were at the age where their parents were starting to pressure them with their studies, trying to make sure that they had life goals.

"I have this for you!" Eunbi brought out a bright red apple, the best one that had come from the batch. She'd stolen it to give to her boyfriend. But she held it away from Taehyung when he reached up to take it, leaning forward and smacking a light kiss onto his lips first, before finally placing it in his hand.

Taehyung was grinning, immediately taking a large bite from the apple. "Thanks Eunbi-ah. You're the best!"

"It's an early present. A good luck!" She said. Taehyung tilted his head in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I heard that you were going to audition." She said, smiling widely. "Your eomma told me. I can't believe that you didn't! You know that we're supposed to tell each other everything."

"Well." Taehyung looked a bit nervous at that. "I didn't want to get your hopes up or anything. It's not guaranteed that I'll get a spot or anything-"

"Nonsense." Eunbi shook her head, narrowing her eyes. "No negative thoughts. You are gonna do great, and you're going to become the next mega superstar!" She smiled brightly. "I have auditions coming up too, you know. Maybe we'll get into the same company?"

"Maybe..." Taehyung said, nodding. "Imagine how cool that would be? You're an amazing dancer, jagi... I know that you're going to do great."

"Thanks..." Eunbi looked down, blushing slightly from his praise. "We'll do well." She finally said. "You're going to become a world-famous idol and I'm going to become a successful dancer. Maybe I'll even get to be a backup dancer to some really hot group of guys-" Eunbi shrieked when Taehyung lunged at her suddenly, pushing her into the grass.

She was giggling, pushing away Taehyung as he obnoxiously placed eskimo kisses all over her face. "You're mine, you hear me? I'm the only one that you can look at like that." He whined, giving her his best puppy eyes.

Eunbi only shook her head, unable to contain her giggles. "You know that you're the only one that I can looked at that way." She muttered. "I love you, and only you."

"I love you too, jagi. And you better remember that. No looking at other guys."

"No looking at other guys." She promised, nodding her head.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"I feel like we should be making some sort of other promise." Taehyung said, finally rolling off to the side and landing on the grass on his back right next to Eunbi, staring up at the sky.

"Like what?"

"Like... we'll never let our love die? Fade? I don't know."

"Stupid." Eunbi said, flicking him on the forehead. She leaned up, staring down at him. "Of course we don't need to make a promise like that. Because it'll never happen, you know? Me and you? We're together forever. I'd rather die than be with someone else."