Lost and Found || PJM. (2)

"Jimin...?"

Glancing at Daeun, he realized from her wide-eyed stare that his face had drifted from its warm expression into something he always felt before a delicious, gratifying sin, something Jungkook had commented on appearing rather inhumane...

He grinned tenderly, a genuine look of warmth. "Then please accept me as your substitute date," he said with a cheery smile. "What can I do for you today?"

She stared at him for a moment before a small chuckle broke out. "You don't have to do anything. You've already done enough- talking to you really helped, so... thank you, Jimin."

He waved her off, laughing. "I insist. I want to make you happy." He leaned in, perhaps a bit too excitedly. "Tell me, how do you feel about your boyfriend, really? Truthfully?"

She gritted her teeth, her smile disintegrating immediately back into her previous look of distress, her hands balling into tiny fists once again.

"I... don't know," she said, eyes beginning to glimmer with new tears and her voice drenched in frustration. "I tell myself he's the love of my life every day, but, oh goodness, sometimes I just want to kill him. Not literally... I- I mean he's my boyfriend, I don't have anyone else..."

Chuckling, Jimin took another swig from his latte before leaning in just slightly towards her. "I can kill him if you want me to."

"Huh?" Daeun blinked at him, eyebrows shooting up. "I-"

"Would you be happy if he disappeared from your life? Forever?"

"O-oh, um..." Daeun dropped her gaze, clearly perplexed. "Well... if you put it that way, I do think that if I don't see him for a long time, I'd be able to heal..."

Laughing, he stood from his seat. "Sounds good. Your wish has been heard." He paused, looking around. "Do you mind if I head out real quick? I promise I'll be back soon."

"Oh, yeah, sure..."

Even though she was obviously still puzzled by their conversation, Jimin had departed from his seat in the next minute, exiting the café and making a straight beeline back into the neighborhood alley where his day had started.

A boyfriend who isn't committed to her, who considers her trash, who smokes instead of going on a date with her and treating her right... needs to...

He found that same repulsive man at the same spot in the alley, still smoking his same cigarette and speaking in the same vulgar tone. The sight of that scum made his blood boil, and it took all his will power not to pull out his knife and drive it into that man's chest right there.

"Yeah man! She's just sitting all alone and pathetic in the café, and I've ignored all her texts. Can you believe she sent, like, fifty of them already? I'm telling you, she's obsessed- What the hell are you looking at?"

Jimin had finally wandered close enough to snag direct eye contact, however, unlike last time, he didn't turn away from the man's reproachful glare but instead began sauntering up to him, calmly, hands in pockets. He didn't say anything, allowing the lowlife to remember exactly who he was, before stopping right in front of him.

"Wait..." The man narrowed his eyes. "You were that punk from earlier." Ending his call, he crossed his arms and stared down at him, glowering. "What's your problem, huh?"

"Hi." Jimin lifted his shoulders into a casual shrug. "I just came back to tell you that what I overheard this morning and just now is not very nice. Your girlfriend must be very sad."

"Hah!" The man jeered loudly, his expression overrun by sheer contempt and mockery. "You came all the way back to say that? Mind your own business. I get what I want, and you need to get out."