Peacock and his Peahen || KSJ. (1)

Jinhit Arts and Gallery.

From the outside, no one could tell that the preparations for a big event was going on within the building. It was quiet and peaceful as always. However, the staff were rushing around trying not to make any sort of sounds. They looked as if they were panicking, but they did not even have the luxury to wipe their sweat off.

One of them was a young man clad in a formal white shirt and black pants. He looked fairly worried and tired. He was heading towards the cabin that was labelled as the CEO's cabin. Before entering, he fixed his tie, glasses and rearranged the files in his hands.

This CEO of his was an absolute perfectionist. If something was even a little disorganized, he would throw a fit. He just wanted everything in order. He had every right to be cocky anyways. He was the youngest CEO in the art business, achieved several awards for his competence, and he earned way more than old CEOs could. 

He was none other than the devilish perfectionist... Kim Seokjin.

As the man pushed the door open, the view of an ethereal being pierced his eyes. The being looked close to an otherworldly angel. Kim Seokjin was truly a blessed man. He was blessed with success, wits, luck and looks. The black clad man who was actually the operations manager gulped as he tried to stop staring at Seokjin. His downcast eyes which were busy skimming through the files, and the thick eyelashes which quivered every time he looked up to read something. The high bridge of his nose followed by the naturally plump lips. God was way too biased while making this man!

"Stop staring and tell me what's up." Seokjin said in a plain tone while still looking down at the papers.

"Uh.. yes.." The operations manager stammered and continued.

"The artworks have all been cleaned and hung up. All the artists have been contacted and they will be here for the exhibition." The manager reported.

"Mhm." Seokjin nodded.

"About the interns of this year.." before the manager could continue, Seokjin looked up. His deep, dark eyes looked at the manager with annoyance.

"Junho, how many times do I have to tell you about not bothering me with insignificant details?" his eyes were cold and held no concern at all.

"I understand." Junho bowed and left the cabin. He sighed loudly. Seokjin did not care about interns. He never did. However, he was not heartless. After all, if it not for him, would no name young artists even have a chance in the industry? Yes, Seokjin's exhibitions vastly consisted of new artists who were young and had no backup. He gave them a platform without asking for anything in return.

At that moment, the glass door of the building flew open. It was a girl in her early twenties. Her looks could be considered above average. But her sense of style was horrible. She had actually paired up a green coloured pant with a dark purple satin shirt making her look like an eggplant. Her face was half hidden by the thick glasses she wore. Her hair was unkempt which was due to her rushing here.

The girl hurriedly rushed towards the elevator and went straight to the third floor where she had to report. As soon as the elevator door opened, she jolted.

"Hello! I'm Song Ha-Rin. I hope we can get along!" she introduced herself in the most cheerful tone. Ha-Rin was one of the newest interns recruited to inspect arts before exhibitions.

"Pfft." She heard someone snickering beside her. When she turned around to look, she saw a guy around her age standing and holding himself back from laughing.

"What the hell are you laughing for?" Ha-Rin squinted her eyes.

"Don't squint, please. Considering your thick glasses, squinting might lead to you seeing what's happening in Mars." The guy laughed out loud this time. His face radiated light when he smiled. His smile was pretty unique too. 

What's with the box shape of his mouth that made him look like a little kid when he laughed? 

The operations manager was laughing too, but quickly composed himself.

"Taehyung, get along with her. She is an intern just like you." He said.

"I know. I know. Hey! I'm Kim Taehyung. Your fashion sense is pretty bad, but let's be friends." Taehyung genuinely smiled and put his hand forward for a handshake.

"I like your sense of humour and bluntness." Ha-Rin smiled as well and shook his hand.

"C'mon guys! There is no time to waste. There is an exhibition and your first task!" Junho hurried.

Both Ha-Rin and Taehyung were pretty pumped up.

They were given a tour of the company by a staff and assigned to their tasks. Ha-Rin's task was to inspect a very important painting by a famous rookie and hang it up. This was one of the exclusive pieces and needed extra care.

Hence, Ha-Rin was very careful with the piece. However, while coming down the stairs, she was met with Choi Shina. Her former best friend who betrayed her for a job here.

Originally, she was the one who was invited to work here a year ago, but Shina begged her to switch positions and bagged the job. And after getting the job, she completely ignored her and even insulted her when she asked to borrow some money for her brother's operation. They had some bad blood between them.

"Look who is here! An intern? You followed me here too? I don't have any money to give to beggars." Shina laughed.

Ha-Rin just ignored her and tried getting down.

"Are you ignoring me? A leech like you?" Shina looked infuriated.

"Hey. Choi Shina, don't cross your line. What do you think will happen if I inform the higher ups that you were not supposed to get the job?" Ha-Rin's usual cheeriness was gone and her black eyes behind the glasses were covered with frost.

"How dare you!" Shina screeched and pushed Ha-Rin backwards.

"Ah!" Ha-Rin screamed. She fell backwards and hugged the painting in her arms to protect it, scraping her arm in the process.

At that moment, footsteps were heard.

A tall man clad in a black suit was climbing down the stairs from where Ha-Rin came from. He was probably in the warehouse just like Ha-Rin, but she did not see him.

He looked just as perfect as always. The breeze that creeped in from the crack of the window brushed against his chocolatey hair.

It was the Kim Seokjin. 

Seokjin's eyes scanned Ha-Rin and the painting in her arms that was well protected.

In his mind, he praised her for being so dedicated despite being just an intern. He proceeded to take out his phone and called someone. Both Ha-Rin and Shina stayed silent for about four minutes and Seokjin stood still. Afterwards a man came stumbling to where he was.

"CEO Kim, did you call me?" the man panted.

"Do you recognise her?" Seokjin asked pointing at Shina.

The man's eyes widened. He was a low ranked staff who was in charge of recruiting new and talented people. He realised what was happening. He played tricks to get Shina in.

He regretted his decision now. He should not have given in to her seduction.

"I'm sorry, Sir! Please don't fire me!" The man stammered.

Shina's eyes trembled as she realised the depth of her situation. She lowered herself to sleep with a slimy old man to get this job and even beg Ha-Rin and yet this was the outcome?

Immediately, both of them were fired on spot and they left teary eyed.

Seokjin helped Ha-Rin get up. He noticed her injuries earlier and had already called the medical team.

"Thank you for earlier. Shina used to be my friend and-" Ha-Rin could not continue her sentence when Seokjin interrupted her.

"The position you lost because of your own stupidity will not be given back to you. Even if you are average, you should at least have some intelligence, right?" Seokjin asked with a raised brow.

"Did you just call me average and unintelligent? You are the one who goes around looking like a flashy peacock!" Ha-Rin was not someone who would let insults pass by.

"Flash..y.. peac..ock?" Seokjin's mouth twitched.