Chapter 10

"Hmm I'm exhausted after that conversation we had with dumbledore today"

"Yeah, it was pretty intense. What do you think though, should we get involved in this again?"

"Frankly, I want to pack our bags and run as far away from this place as I can but I don't think we can do that."

"Yeah, we are too involved in this, I don't think we would have stayed out of the war efforts even if Dumbledore didn't officially let us. I suppose we embraced the Gryffindor spirit a little too much."

"Yeah, we were all crazy back then, I still don't know if we were foolish or brave."

"I don't think I can stay out of this Rem, I just need to make sure that all this, HE is completely over. I don't think I can sleep at night knowing that the man who killed James could come back any day, and when he does, he'll go straight for Harry. You can stay out of it if you want Rem, I understand that and I'll totally respect it."

"No Sirius, I want to do this together. I mean what I said to Dumbledore today, promise me that if we ever feel like it's getting too much we will stop and that you'll always be safe about it, I cannot lose you, Sirius, I need you, and Harry needs you, you're a father now you can't do reckless things like you did then. You have to think about your family, do you think James liked to go into hiding, no but he did it for his son. Your main priority here is Harry, you understand."

"Ok rem, I promise I won't be reckless and that I'll listen to you if you tell me to stop."

"But yes, I want to do this too, I want to make sure that he's gone for good, I don't want to make all our friend's sacrifices go to waste just because we were not brave enough to continue. I want to make sure that another generation doesn't have to bear the scars of this horrible war."

"Let's do this, Moony."

"But we have a lot to do, are you sure you are ready for it all?"

"Yeah, we can tackle it together, good thing we don't have to keep our missions secret from one another now, not that we ever did before but it's better this way."

"Yeah, I think it's also good that we get out all the heavy lifting before we officially get Harry so we can focus on him more. By the way, I will take care of the Grimmauld place for you if you'd like. Get some sunny yellow wallpaper on, bet you won't even recognize the place without its usual gloom and doom."

"No Moony it's ok, I'll never let you or anyone else go in there alone. That place is filled with dark magic, and also I think I need to go there to research about Reggy anyway and, you can use the library to research too, bet they have all the information required on Dark Magic."

Remus visibly shuddered when Sirius mentioned Horcruxes and Sirius put his hands around her to comfort her.

"What's up with that?"

"It's bad Sirius, it's horrible stuff. Do you remember when we did that prank in the fifth year and we needed human-looking fingernails and toenails to put in the Slytherin's soup?"

"Yeah"

"Well, I searched for them in Diagon alley and couldn't find them, I found out you can get them in knock turn alley and I went down there."

"By yourself Moony, that was so dangerous what were you thinking."

"I know that now, but back then, I just thought it'll take a minute and I didn't want to make one of you make an extra trip just because I was scared."

"You know we'd never think that Moony, did something happen down there?"

"On the trip, no I found what I was looking for pretty quickly, an aged-looking witch was selling them on the streets. And then when I was walking back, this book on the display in the shop caught my eye. I don't know what I was thinking but you know books are my weakness, so I found myself entering. The salesman was this creepy-looking wizard he smirked when I asked about the book and named an absurdly high price, at this point I wanted to get out of there but I was worried that if I didn't buy that book, he would do something awful so I bought it and ran back to safety."

"Moony I really hate your fifteen-year-old self right now, just promise me you won't do something stupid like this again."

"I won't, I guess I know about the horrors of the world now, I was a stupid child back then."

"Ok continue"

"I packed the book with my school stuff and didn't look at it for a long time. The book gave me cold chills whenever I looked at it but I guess I just associated that with that horrible day. One day I finally decided to open it, and you won't believe the horrors in it Sirius, it mentioned Horcruxes and various other things but I didn't really read it though, reading some of the descriptions itself was enough to scare me, it gave me nightmares for weeks."

"And where is this book now?"

"I burnt it, I couldn't let something that nasty exist, it was literally in our dorm room for several months."

"Ok moony I get that, I'm sure you'll find books like that in Grimmauld Place, or we can go looking in knockturn alley together."

"Ok, and what's the story behind regulus, I could tell you were withholding something earlier"

"Oh that, it's just, when I was in Azkaban, I heard all their rumors and whispers that were totally inconsistent with the way I imagined him Things like how I turned out to be the only Black brother faithful to the Dark Lord after all, and that both the Black brothers were double agents and things like that, not to my face but in whispers when they thought I couldn't hear, in fact, I think I only picked up on if when I was Padfoot."

"Also, the fact that he disappeared and not died, and that no order member killed him or even knew of his whereabouts before he died, Dumbledore's also suspicious which only makes it more solid."

"Yeah, there is definitely something going on, and Sirius,"

"Yeah"

"I don't want this to be your mission and my mission like Dumbledore said, I want to accomplish both of these together, I just don't want to let you out of my sight."

"Ok babe, I was gonna say that too, we can do a lot more together than divided."

"Yeah, we are the dream team after all."

"Thank you moony, for being so perfect, and for being here for me all the time,'' said Sirius, embracing her tightly and burying his face in her neck."

"I love you, Padfoot."

"I love you too"

----
An- I have written some of the remaining part but i got caught up in another fic so in the meantime, I'm gonna declare this fic completed. I might post the sequel if i get enough of it written but no promises though.

I wrote this continuously and decided to cut the story off here. I think I've left off at a sensible point but please tell me if the ending is too jarring and I'll edit it some.

Please vote and comment your thoughts, i had so much fun making this new character  for Remus and I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

Byeee ❤️😘