CHAPTER 5

She was currently sitting in the living room of the burrow trying to feed a messy Ron some mushy goop while Molly went out to dinner with her husband. Ron was much less of a picky eater than Harry and the mess could be cleaned with a wave of her want. The real problem though were the twins. She did not know that four-year-olds could be so very energetic and there were two of them. Thankfully, they had liked the dinner she had cooked and finished their meal without any fuss and were currently in their room playing she hoped that they weren't up to something that would burn the house down. The eldest of the bunch, Percy was actually quite well-mannered and sophisticated for a six years old and the rest of the boys were already in Hogwarts.

She heard voices outside and the door opened and Molly and Arthur came in.

"I hope they didn't give you much trouble," said Molly.

"Oh, they were great. Percy is a very smart kid. He can do maths even though he was never taught. Maybe you should put him in a muggle school." she suggested.

"We'll think about it dear maybe next year if he's interested"

"Yeah."

And then, they heard a shout from the room upstairs.

"Well speak of the devil," said Molly fondly.

"I'll go check on them said Arthur seeing that Molly had just picked up Ron.

"I'll come with you," Remus said and went up the stairs wondering what all the commotion was about.

"What happen here," asked Arthur.

"Fred took Scabbers and he's not giving him back," replied Peter pointing at Fred standing in the far corner of the room.

"Do you have Scabbers Fred?" Arthur asked.

"No," said Fred even though we could all clearly see he was clutching something in his hands behind his back, kids.

"Well, Fred you know that we can find out if you have the rat with magic right?" Remus said.

"You can?"

"Of course. But only if you give me the rat."

"Ok, she said and handed him over. She smiled and was about to hand it over to Percy when she noticed what she was holding in her hand. It was not any rat, it was the rat which she had known almost all her life, missing two fingers.

Her heart beat faster as Peter thrashed and turned in her hand, just realizing that fate had somehow just delivered him into the hands of the only person who knew who he really was. He bit down on her hand hard, but she didn't loosen her hold ane bit. This was her ticket to get Sirius out of prison a few rat bites were not going to make her give it up.

"Mrs. Remus what are you doing, give him to me," said Percy

"No"

"You're hurting him, give me Scabbers back he started shouting" Arthur looked at her questioningly and she made a dash for it. she ran down the stairs and into the bathroom and locked the door behind her.

she quickly pulled out her wand and warded the window and the drain holes and closet before releasing Peter down

He quickly ran everywhere trying to find a way to escape.

"Remus Remus open the door... Remus what's going on in there'' said Arthur banging the door from outside .

Remus pointed her wand at the rat cowering in the corner and said the counterspell. The moment the blue light hit him, the rat expanded into a shrieking Peter Pettigrew.

"Remus, " he said. "My friend,"

"Shut up," she said, pointing her wand at him.

"You and I were always best friends Remus please listen to me"

"You don't have the right to say that"

"Remus please"

Remus couldn't take any more of this. Peter Pettigrew was dead to her. She stunned him and he fell to the floor with a thud. She realized that she was still in the Weasleys bathroom and Arthur was threatening to break the door open. Guess she has to come clean now. It didn't matter anyway, in a few hours she had to tell the truth in front of the whole jury, might as well practice now.

"I'm coming out, Arthur," she said and he stopped banging on the door. She opened the door with a click and stepped out.

"What is going on rem--" he said and then saw Peter lying on the floor.

"Oh my god. Is that--" said Molly but she was cut off by Percy crying for Scabbers.

"Get the children upstairs and I'll explain,'' she said. Molly quickly grabbed a crying Percy and pulled him upstairs. She felt bad for the kid but he'll forget all about it if she takes him to the pet shop for a new rat or owl.

"Care to explain why there is a man who was presumed dead in my bathroom," asked Arthur once Molly came back into the living room.

Remus took a deep breath and told the Marauder's best-kept secret," we were all unregistered Animagi." she said.

"All four of you just happen to be one," asked Arthur. Natural Aanimagi were very rare.

"No. only I am a natural one. My mother died when I was little and my dad is a muggle so I didn't know what I was until I came to Hogwarts so I wasn't registered. The rest of them did the transformation in our fourth year" she said.

"In the fourth year. Merlin. You boys had some dare they could have been killed"

"Yeah, and Peter is a rat"

"Scabbers. He's been living in our house all this time. Was he really the one who gave up James and Lily" asked Arthur

"Yes. only the three of us knew"

"Why didn't you say anything to the ministry about this"

"Everything happened so fast. Sirius wasn't even given a fair trial. I guess the wizarding world just wanted someone to put the blame on and move forward and forget about the whole thing and Sirius fit that role perfectly, he was wild, came from a family of Death Eaters, and was disowned. Nobody wanted to suspect sweet, simple little Peter. If I had revealed Peter's Animagus form to the ministry, then he wouldn't have stayed in the Wizarding World, there would be no way to find him if he steps into the muggle world."

"Do you want me to call the ministry now?" asked Arthur.

"That would be very helpful. Thank you. Arthur."

"Of Course dear. Well help any way we can" said Molly.

-------

Peter has been caught !!! We are nearing the end.