CHAPTER 2

"I need you to tell me what's going on," said Petunia Dursley angrily one afternoon to Remus.

"With what?" she asked.

"With Harry, you told me you're here to take him back"

"It's not that simple"

"Ya, I want you to explain what is going on because I'm not having a good time dealing with Vernon right now."

"Ok so let me explain."

"Ok"

"James Sirius Peter and I have been best friends since we started school. After school, James married Lily and Sirius married me. We were all actively fighting the war and when Harry was born, the terrorist group that we were fighting began targeting Harry so they had to go into hiding--"

"Why did they target Harry"

"There was a prophecy"

"A what"

"Doesn't matter. I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible ok. Now, only Sirius, Peter, and I knew of the hiding place. no one else could find them without one of us willingly divulging the information because well magic"

"Ok"

"This was the biggest mistake of our lives, our headmaster was completely against the idea of having three secret keepers, and said it only made the plan weaker. He even volunteered to do it himself but we were too stubborn, we thought we were unbreakable, even the thought that one of us could betray each other was unthinkable."

"On the night of Halloween, Peter gave up James and lily and Voldemort killed them, and then vanished, leaving Harry alive."

"Didn't he want to kill Harry?"

"Yeah, but he couldn't, I have no idea why or how he vanished. Some people are working on that mystery but I'm too busy to care about it right now, I'm just glad that he's gone for now. "

"Ok"

"When my stupid husband got to know this, he immediately tracked down peter and tried to confront him. Peter was prepared so he killed 12 innocent people in an explosion and faked his own death along with them the moment he noticed Sirius. So when the Aurors arrived,"

"They thought that Sirius had caused the explosion," finished Petunia.

"Yes. and that Sirius had killed the Potters too. Sirius's family was heavily involved in the terrorism so they put him in prison without even a trial. They thought that he was on his family's side all this while, being the mole."

" I was in America visiting my dad when all this happen I came back as soon as I heard about it but by that time, Sirius was in prison and Harry was here and I had to come here because Sirius would never forgive me if I didn't check on Harry first."

"Are you sure it wasn't your husband"

"Shut up, of course not. There were several red flags about Peter the last few months, we all just ignored it since we already had too much on our plates, and thought that he was just acting weird because of the war. He was such a gentle soul you know, he didn't like the war one bit, he wouldn't have fought if it wasn't for us. If it were up to him, he would have gone into hiding in some peaceful countryside or maybe even left the country"

"Can't you tell someone about this, a lawyer or the press or something"

"Well, that's complicated. Sirius is sort of like a prince in the wizarding world, he's the last remaining member of the Black line and that means he has an inheritance the size of England. So even though his family is involved in some very shady stuff, he's like the most eligible bachelor in the country or something"

"Even though he's already married."

"Everyone thinks I just married him for the money, they don't know our story, they don't know who I was before I was Sirius's girlfriend and they don't care. I'm just not a very popular figure right now with his arrest and all. I am the only other person who knew the hiding place. Most of the wizarding world thinks that I was the one who killed the Potters and Peter and pinned it on Sirius. Well, I can't blame them, if I were a gold digger that would be a perfect plan, kill the rest of them and put Sirius in prison, since wives don't inherit their husband's property, this way I can enjoy it all while he serves a life sentence."

"Well, if you put it like that, I do think you did it" Petunia chuckled.

"Yeah, so do the majority of the people. If I didn't have an alibi of being outside the country, I would be in prison too."

"Oh. So what are you going to do now."

"Getting Sirius out is my main concern right now. The thing is, many people didn't want to believe that Sirius was the spy. He is charming and rich, and everybody loves him. There are a few old families that are treated like royalty and the Blacks are the oldest and richest of them all and Sirius is the heir. Most Of the Blacks are hateful, stuck-up people but Sirius was the opposite of that. He was on the side of the light. He was almost a celebrity even when we were in school. If I free Sirius, then we will have political power backing us up and we can easily get custody of Harry. The best way to do that is to capture Peter and make him confess. There are some other ways but The news that everybody's favorite Sirius black was imprisoned falsely in Azkaban would cause quite the uproar in the community, you know it would paint the ministry in a very bad light and they are just recovering from the dark lord era. That's the reason getting him out will be even harder. The ministry will be shamed very badly if the people knew that there was a wrongful imprisonment of such high stature so I'll have to gather unquestionable evidence."

"Do you have a plan to catch this Peter?"

"Yes, I do. He lived with us for seven years. I'm sure I know a thing or two about him."