327-330

Chapter 327: The Footage From The Surveillance Camera – 2

After all the results were announced, the staff on the scene put the score of each team on the big screen. The team from Country M had gotten first place, and the award ceremony would be held the next day.

Fu Zhi pulled Lu Yubai back to his seat. She was leaning against the table, and her legs were long and straight. She scanned her surroundings but did not say anything.

The people in the hall were restless.

The team from Country R had gotten second place, and they had earned one point more than Fu Zhi’s team.

When Fujino walked past her, he comforted her. “You’re an honorable opponent, and we’re not worthy of receiving the award. I hope we can spar again in the future.”

His teammates all nodded. Some of them even praised Fu Zhi for her superb memory and her calligraphy and drawing skills.

Country M had won the competition, but they had lost their dignity.

Fu Zhi knew this very well. Her eyes were half-closed, and something was glittering in them. She then told Fujino in a serious voice, “You guys are more than worthy of getting second place. As for Country M... I don’t think they deserved their victory.”

Fujino did not think too much about what Fu Zhi had said. He thought she was just speaking nonsense because she was sad that her team had not gotten first place. He nodded at her and then left.

The other contestants in the hall looked at their placements on the big screen. When they saw the “7.4 points” Fu Zhi’s team had gotten, all of them felt disappointed. Initially, they had thought Fu Zhi was going to be the dark horse that would beat the defending champion, but little had they expected that she would not even stay in second place.

“I heard that she had a quarrel with Gu Yan. Gu Yan’s teacher is a judge in Country M. She’s not acting very wisely!”

“Yeah. Fu Zhi is too arrogant. The previous teams used to be very cautious. She’s ambitious, but she doesn’t have the skill to back her ambition up, so she can only suffer the consequences!”

...

All the participants lamented and blamed Fu Zhi for her negligence and ignorance.

At the moment, Yuan He was looking at Fu Zhi with contempt, as anger had begun to well up in her heart. Since Fu Zhi had been unable to keep up her end of the bargain and had not won the competition, she did not have to quit her job anymore. Right now, the only thought on her mind was that if Fu Zhi had not put a spoke in Gu Yan’s wheel and kicked her out of the team, Gu Yan would have entered the competition, and they would have been the runner-up instead of Country R.

“Are you satisfied now? You really are a disgrace to all of us!”

The two secretaries standing beside her then chimed in, “You swore you would get first place, but now you didn’t even get second place. Besides, 7.4 points? Are you kidding me? Anyone can do better than that! If the netizens learn about this, you’ll be lucky if they only attack you. But what if we’re affected as well...”

“Fu Zhi, you have to apologize to me and Yanyan on Weibo today. You’ve got to tell everyone that you’re the one who caused us to lose the competition and it had nothing to do with either us or Yanyan!” Yuan He ordered. She felt that her secretary was right. She could not let Fu Zhi affect them.

Other than the staff workers, most of the participants and judges had already left.

Upon listening to Yuan He’s order, Fu Zhi curled her lips up. Then, she knocked the table using the corner of the paper file and said, “Can you guys keep quiet for a second?”