339-342

Chapter 339: Sense Of Familiarity

“Let’s go to the Fu Corporation first,” Li Nanli ordered Liu Mi after Fu Zhi got into the car.

The purpose of him going to the Ouyang Family was to present them with a business opportunity, but all of them were at the training camp right now for the annual wilderness survival activity. It was not a nice location, so he did not plan on bringing Fu Zhi over.

However, Fu Zhi was intrigued by the Valley Orchid that was cultivated by the Ouyang Family. Thus, she said, “Let me go with you.”

She paused for a moment before adding, “Don’t get me wrong, I’m not forcing you. Let’s go together if it’s possible, but if it’s not, you’ve got to think of a way to make it possible.”

Li Nanli was speechless.

“The Ouyang Family is not like any other family. They are having a wilderness survival activity right now, and it is going to be a very bloody battle there, so you might not feel comfortable watching it,” Liu Mi chimed in as he explained this to Fu Zhi, trying his best to talk her out of going to the training camp. Otherwise, there was a good chance that she would get frightened out of her wits.

“Okay,” Fu Zhi said, her voice flat. “I get it. Don’t worry, I will protect you two.”

Liu Mi was speechless as well.

‘Did I not make it clear enough, or does my boss look very weak? You actually think we will be scared?!’

After hearing what she had said, Li Nanli rubbed her head and said, “I can take you there, but you have to promise me that you will stay by my side the whole time you’re there, okay?”

The government had given the Ouyang Family the authorization to run a military base, so there were plenty of firearms and ammunition over there.

Any outsiders who loitered around the base would adopt the necessary means during that period.

Hugging a cushion in her arms, Fu Zhi nodded and replied, “I will stay by your side and protect you.”

Li Nanli was left speechless once again.

He turned his head to Liu Mi and said, “Our mine site in Africa is short-handed. Bring along your resume and report there tomorrow.”

Liu Mi did not know what to say.

‘Poor me.’

*

The Ouyang Family’s training camp had been built in a deep mountain on the outskirts, not far from the national military base.

Liu Mi was forced to stop the car when they were about 100 meters away from their destination. After the personnel of the Ouyang Family confirmed their identities, they led them into the mountain.

The driver was a young man with tanned skin. “There is water at the back of the car, and if you need anything else, just let me know. There are professional snipers guarding the perimeter of the training camp from watchtowers every 100 meters. In case you don’t want any of them to put a bullet in your head, you have to inform us if you want to go out.”

The Ouyang Family was a family that operated very similarly to the military forces in their country. They also had a team that specialized in exporting goods, as well as providing protection to the other elite families.

The car continued to move forward for another half an hour. After it entered the mountainside, she saw a girl standing outside the door of the Ouyang Family’s training camp through the car window.