Chapter Ninety

2003, London

The rather large group of wizards, witches, and one muggle landed on the lawn of Malfoy Manor in Wiltshire. They all seemed to land okay, with Remus gritting his teeth as his feet slammed into the Earth. The moon was set to rise in four days, and he was beginning to feel the effects. His emotions swirled, and he fought back against them every time they reared their ugly head.

Regulus, not used to magical transport any longer, ended up being the only one to fall.

"You haven't changed that much at all, Reg," Sirius laughed, holding his hand out for his brother to take.

"Don't get used to this, Sirius. I promise you I am not that clumsy."

They entered the manor through the solarium, Regulus seeming on edge as he worked his way through the home.

"It's changed a lot since I've been here. What happened to Cissa and Lucius?"

"My dear father was given the kiss for his actions during the second war, and Mum is waiting for us by the floo. She'll be getting the shock of her life," Malfoy called over his shoulder as he led them to the sitting room.

Narcissa Malfoy stood proudly by the floo, hands folded in front of her. She had a good idea of what they found in France, but didn't want to be too hopeful. She could hardly contain herself as she watched the youngest Black brother enter into the room, smiling widely.

"Cissa."

"Regulus."

And Regulus moved first then, sweeping her into his arms and holding on tightly.

"How's Sebastien?" She whispered into his ear, low enough so the others wouldn't hear.

"Crazy enough to stick with me all these years."

They let go of one another, separating with the widest of smiles, "And Evangeline? Where is she?"

"That's what we're going to find out, Cissa. Don't wait up, hmm?" 

With a wink, Sirius was the first to step through the floo, calling out for the ministry.

"Can you get through by yourself, Reg?" Remus was polite enough to ask.

"Unless they've barred muggles from the ministry, I'll be fine."

"Muggles? What?" Narcissa turned back to Regulus.

"A story for another time, I think," Remus nodded, stepping through the floo.

They were standing in the atrium of the Ministry and with a mixture of Harry and Draco, they were already attracting attention. But when Regulus stepped through the floo, it was as if the atrium went mute.

Every person in there paused to look at him, dressed in his finest muggle suit. The moment he took his first step across the black tile floor, the whispers began.

"So much for secrecy, hmm?"

"Reggie, four of us are in possession of the highest distinction from the minister himself. We should, in theory, be able to waltz right into the Department of Mysteries."

"I wouldn't say that too loudly, Pads," Remus muttered, "We still have enemies. Especially three of us."

And that part was irrevocably true. Remus was always on edge visiting the Ministry, given their anti-werewolf stances that carried through both wars. Draco and Theo wouldn't show it, but they were just as nervous. They were both marked Death Eaters, and were sneered at on a daily basis.