Ch 28. Castle

"Evie we're here." Alec said. "Welcome to Volterra, Italy my love."

I looked at the window of the car we were in, the city was old but in a pretty way. It's almost hard to explain.

The car pulled up to the old looking castle where the Volturi lives. I started to get nervous and I feel Alec's hand on top of mine, trying to keep me calm.

We smiled at each other before exiting the car and the driver was getting our bags out of the trunk.

"Come on my love, the others are already inside." My mate said before we enter the castle.

I followed him as he led me to a room where the Volturi leaders and other members of the guard were in. I'm guessing by the looks of it, this is the thrown room.

Around, Marcus, and Caius were sitting down in their chairs while others was standing around as Alec and I walked to the middle of the room.

"Welcome back Alec." Aro said before coming over to us in vampire speed. "And this must be young Evie."

"Hi" I said, being nervous around the Volturi leaders. Luckily Alec was close by me and put his hand on my back, hopefully trying to get me less nervous.

Alec gives his other hand to Aro, which he takes, going through my mate's thoughts and memories. Then Aro let's go of Alec's hand and looks at the both of us, before he turned to Marcus. Marcus nods his head at us, knowing that Alec and I are mates is the truth.

"Alec, why don't you show Evie to your room and come back here." Aro said.

"Yes master." My mate said before he led me out of the room. He picked me up into his arms and ran to his room in the castle.

Once we were outside of his room, he carefully put me on the floor before he opened the door. We walked inside and I looked around his room. There was a lot of books, a seating area, a bed, etc.

"So, this is where you'll be staying for a while." He said and smile at me. "Even if it's only for a month or two."

"Okay Alec." I said and smiled back at him. "So when does our bags come up here?"

"Very soon my love. Don't worry." He said. "Well I must be getting back to the thrown room. I'll be back soon."

"Okay." I said before a thought pop into my mind. "Alec, can I ask you something?"

"What is it Evie?"

"Why is there a bed in here? Us vampire don't sleep."

"I know, but you'll see soon." He said and winked at me before walking out of his room.

Leaving me kind of confused.